1) Fast check in/out and friendly staff eventhough there was a few tour groups.
2) Excellent service when upgrade to premium room - my bags were already in the new room when I returned to the hotel in the afternoon. The receptionist even called me to let me know that my room was ready.
3) Premium continental (triple) vs family room - not much difference! Same bed size, toilet, facilities. except new TV, duvet instead of worn out blanket ,more comfortable pillows and mattress. free drinking water, snack.
4) Noisy aircond for both rooms. Worse in the family room.
5) Near restaurants - local food stalls and semi western (cafe, secret recipe). McDonald is somewhere there but at the very end of the ring road - not within walking distance.
6) Quite close to Jetty Shahbandar (to Redang Island etc) - maybe about 2-3 km? please google for exact distance.
If budget is limited, just choose the normal room. Not much difference. Check the aircond before you...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
17 May 2012
Dear Sir / Madam,
Report response as inappropriate
Warm Greetings from Hotel Grand Continental Kuala Terengganu.
We hope this finds you well. We are delighted to hear that our services have met your expectations as a Customer Oriented Hotel in Kuala Terengganu and I shall be in certain to convey and compliments the staffs involvement.
We will continue to give our utmost services and products improvements to meet and hopefully exceed the expectations of all our guests.
I would certainly to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again to stay with us.
Please feel free to contact me directly at any time for any request at any of our properties in Malaysia.
We wish you the very best in your business and personal endeavours.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC