I enjoyed my stay here but there were a few areas where the Rasa Ria let itself down, especially given the prices to stay there.
On the upside, the beach and pools were lovely and there was a wide range of activities and several restaurants. And the room was pleasant but lacked bath, DVD player and wifi.
The problems were more over service standards, some of the food and drink and the extortionate prices for anything extra.
Some staff did not seem particularly clued up, there was construction noise on several days by the main pool, and the workmen were fairly obviously ogling female guests in beachwear.
Some food was very good (eg at the Indian restaurant) but some was poor (two different salads were both limp, wine selection poor and overpriced and cocktails a bit hit and miss).
The hotel shop appeared to have prices based on quadrupling supermarket pprices. You expect to pay for convenience of course but this felt like being fleeced.
So overall a mixed bag.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Ria Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Ria Hotel
- Shangri Las Rasa Ria Hotel
- Shangri La Rasa Ria
- Rasa Ria
- Shangri La Rasa Ria Resort
- Rasa Ria Resort
- Shangri Las Rasa Ria Resort
- Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort is set on Pantai Dalit beach surrounded by 400 acres of lush tropical vegetation, including a unique nature reserve. Here you'll meet Sabah's icon, the fascinating Orang Utan, as well as a remarkable array of indigenous flora and fauna. Unexpected encounters with hornbills who glide right overhead, peacocks walking by during breakfast, a friendly bear cat greeting you from a tree or the occasional wild rabbit, iguana or squirrel crossing your path are all part of the magic of this remarkable resort. Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort goes beyond the offerings of Kota Kinabalu hotels by providing numerous options for relaxation. This includes the magnificent Spa at Dalit Bay, a wide range of water sports, Rasa Ria's own catamarans for cruises and deep sea fishing, a challenging 18-hole championship golf course, ATV safaris, tennis, horse riding, a fitness centre and, of course, a fun-filled Kids' Club to care for younger visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Splendia, AsiaRooms, Priceline, Otel, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com and Tingo so you can book your Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.