Holiday Villa claims to be a 5-star hotel, but after staying there for three days two nights, I have come to the conclusion that it is NOT a 5-star hotel.
The hotel is promoting "Let Us Manja U" (Let Us Take Care of U).Unfortunately their staff has failed to display this. No one smiles nor greets the guests. They all show a lackadaisical attitude towards the guests. I booked a local tour with the staff and they just ignored me!
The room I booked was spacious and looked good. But I realized that it was an illusion. The bathroom door was not in a good condition. The long bath is full of dry paint. The shower curtain railing was rusting. And there were ants in the bathroom. Besides, the faucet could not be turned off and leaked water.
The restaurant is a pleasant and well-decorated place to spend time enjoying a meal. But I was surprised that there were cats roaming around a 5-star hotel restaurant. I believe that this is the first time I have seen cats in a five-star establishment. Maybe the cats are there for a purpose.
Furthermore, the service at the restaurant is slow. I ordered a meal about an hour earlier. When I arrived at the appointed time, the food was still not ready although only TWO tables were occupied. In fact, I had to wait a further twenty minutes before the fried rice was ready. There was no apology from anyone.
On the second morning the breakfast service was very bad. I arrived early at 7 am because I was aware that Holiday Villa staff of another outlet were having their family day at Cherating. At 7 am, there was only one person manning the restaurant. I quickly grabbed some food. At 7.15 am, a hugecrowd started to come in, and there was not enough staff to replenish all the food. Furthermore, some food stations were not ready.
Staff there is slow and lazy. The corridors and floors are hardly swept. When the place is packed with children running all over, the floors are all wet and slippery. But no one mops up the floors. They just place signs everywhere warning guests about the slippery floors.
There are many plants growing round the surroundings making it a pleasant place to walk around. However, if you observe carefully, many of the plants need water and some are dying.
If you overlook all the shortcomings, it's quite a pleasant place to stay as there are two swimming pools and the hotel is facing a beach. If you have no transport and you intend to enjoy your meals at the restaurant, you are in for a hard time.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Villa Cherating Hotel
- Holiday Villa Cherating Hotel Kuantan
- Holiday Hotel Kuantan
- Holiday Hotel Cherating
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lush greenery and secluded palm-fringed beaches fronting the South China Sea, Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Cherating has the ideal facilities for family vacations and honeymoons, in addition to corporate meetings and team buildings. Situated 47km from Kuantan, the capital city of Pahang, the beach in Cherating is a haven amongst avid surfers who come from all over the world each year to especially enjoy the ride of the ocean waves. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, HostelBookers, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo and Fastbooking so you can book your Holiday Villa Cherating reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.