After our sham of a stay in Penang we could not wait to get here and we were not disappointed .
I work as a travel agent so if you want help on this hotel please let me know .I have pictures and have seen many of the rooms available.
We were welcomed warmly and shown to the check in area by one of the tranquil waterpools ,brought a cold Lemongrass drink and a cold towel ,check in was swift and professional .
We were taken by buggy to the room we had an upper pavilion room ,lovely big wrap around balcony with 2 seating areas overlooking the gardens and beyond to the infinity pool and onwards to the ocean ,breath taking !!!!.You can dine on the balcony they can arrange a chef for you and he has sort of a bbq on the balcony along with full dining area even a ceiling fan !! to keep you chilled.
We had nothing but the birds singing and the squirrels scurrying about to disturb us,it was amazing watching them go about there business ,two hours here feels like days anywhere else it was just so tranquil .
The room was to die for very palacial fabulous big bed that was a dream to sleep in ,and the biggest bathroom you could want along with a deep huge stone bath that was all set up with large candlesticks and pillar candles very romatic so would be a lovely choice for a Honeymoon ,bubbles or bath salts take you pick there both there !! they have tried to think of everything from starch for your shirts to beach bags and even aftersun and if they have missed anything simply ask and it will be there in an instant for you .
We asked for ice it was there in an instant with a smile and attentive but not awkward service .
The inifity pool we shared with literally one other couple the staff bring you nice poolside non breakable glasses and keep you well hydrated with ice water complimentary .
Beautiful soft fluffy beach towels and head rests too along with comfy cushioned wooden sunbeds.
Serai is italian at night food was lovely again attentative but not introusive service and we had a lovely italian bread basket homemade breadsticks etc .
Food was very good ,not cheap but reasonable given the hotels calibre.
Breakfast was delightful plenty of choice we took a nice leisurely breakfast something we hadnt been able to do for 3 days in our previous hotel in Penang.
Beach is stunning soft white sand overlooking the most amazing ocean views across to some smaller islands .Beach is cleaned everyday !! and was spotless.
A massive team of gardeners keep the gardens impeccably and they are so beautiful to stroll around and take in ,say hello to Mona she likes to try and speak English she tells you she speaks a little but she is actually quite good and a pleasant lady to chat to she works very hard .
Staff couldnt have done more for us, we knew if we wanted anything at all we only had to say I like nice service but some places it can be a bit to muchand over fussy and this can sometimes feel stuffy unrelaxed and awkward not so relaxed not so here they have it so right please dont change a single thing !!!
Cant wait to go again .
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Langkawi, Malaysia Hotel Langkawi
- Four Seasons Resort Langkawi, Malaysia Hotel
- 4 Seasons Resort Langkawi, Malaysia
- Four Seasons Langkawi
- Langkawi Four Seasons
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Andaman Sea off the northwestern coast of Malaysia, the archipelago of Langkawi is south-east Asia's first UNESCO Geopark – a geological and ecological wonderland of 550-million-year-old rock formations, precipitous rainforest and deserted islands. Just minutes by boat from the world-renowned mangroves of the Kilim Karst Geoforest Park, Four Seasons Resort Langkawi combines artful design and all-pervading serenity with a wholesome connection with nature. The Resort’s traditional Malay kampong-design weaves through acres of beachfront gardens dotted with al fresco restaurants, palms and lotus ponds. An endless sense of space encourages clarity and calm. UNESCO-protected mangroves showcase labyrinthine adventures between land and sea, supported by the on-site Geopark Discovery Centre, while the Geo Spa draws on the ancient healing energies of the surrounding nature. Throughout the Resort, private cabanas, endless hideaways and landscaped pools (including one for adults only) offer the freedom and flexibility to reflect and reconnect – individually, with one another or as a family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Splendia, Otel, Expedia, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Langkawi, Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.