It was our first visit to Bentota and we couldnt have asked for a better hotel than Paradise Road Villa Bentota. This is a beautiful boutique hotel, which is very well designed and is pretty well maintained. The rates are slightly steep but would totally recommend looking up for cheaper deals on agoda or expedia. Our room faced the swimming pool and the lush green gardens. We stayed here for 2 nights and simply enjoyed every bit of it. The staff is very cultured and soft spoken. The food was exceptionally good (considering i'm a vegetarian). The ravioli was out of the world. Even the breakfast was very well prepared and the museli needs a special mention here. The beach is pretty close to the property, but one needs to be careful since there is a railway line that you need to cross inorder to get to the beach, specially once it gets dark. The pool isn't very deep but is very clean. Overall a good stay.
P.S. Just a piece of advice-Commuting from one place to the other is relatively expensive in cabs, hence make sure to keep nos of a few tour operators from the airport itself. Also make sure you bargain a bit, else they would fleece you. We had a terrible experience when we took the cab from Paradise Road Villa bentota to Colombo.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Road The Villa Bentota Hotel
- Paradise Road The Villa Bentota Hotel Bentota
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Villa Bentota is a unique and private beach-side hotel; Paradise Road's newest property located 2 hours south of Colombo. Offering 15 individually designed rooms and suites with all modern amenities and services, The Villa Bentota is located in the Mohotti Walauwa which was Geoffrey Bawa's first boutique hotel in Sri Lanka. Refurbished and extended with incredible sensitivity to the original design, Shanth Fernando has created yet another masterpiece to give those who stay in the city at Tintagel a new special resort option in true Paradise Road style. With sprawling coconut palm-dressed lawns opening to the sea, two swimming pools, a restaurant, The Villa Café open to all passers-by and a Paradise Road gift store, The Villa Shop and an art gallery, The Villa Gallery, The Villa Bentota is a must-stop for all those traveling down the southern coast of Sri Lanka. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Paradise Road The Villa Bentota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.