I paid a bit more than normal for a Ganges view and am glad I did. My room had two floor to ceiling screened windows which allowed for some shaded relaxing during the heat of the day. Rooftop restaurant was good for breakfast but there are much better authentic Indian options in the area for lunch and dinner. Service was extremely slow as well, patience is a virtue here. The rest of the staff were informative and helpful when prompted, but I could never tell if they were unfriendly or if this was just how they were. Nothing bad really, just never really got to know them like in other hotels in India. I recommend arranging your boat trips through the hotel as it actually is the market price and my boat guy was excellent. A bit on the pricey side but you are paying for the location which is prime.
- Also Known As:
- Ganpati Guest House Hotel Varanasi
- Ganpati Guest House Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are Ganpati Guest House - if you stay here, we are sure that you will have a good time in Varanasi. Of course the view of the beautiful river Ganges is amazing and exotic. Many people who come to Varanasi stay with us in the Ganpati Guest House. The staff are very kind and have a good spirit. We look forward to meeting you and hope beautiful time in Varanasi. The history of Ganpati Guest House: The Ganpati is located at the east end of the Mother Ganges in Varanasi, makes its presence known throughout the riverbanks not only by shining the world's oldest culture as well as oldest city. A city of light...but also by offering cutting-edge restaurants, renowned facilities, amazing view and comfortable accommodations. This 3-story Redstone pyramid was built in 1905 on the river Ganges, contains so many amenities on such an enormous scale that it's becomes practically amazing vacation. Spacious rooms surrounded by the plants, which boasts your staying, dining and entertainment. The Garden, at more than 1000 square feet, is one of Varanasi's oldest existing buildings and rarely available, offering a tranquil sitting, an array of nice music, a rack of books nearby. We want to deliver inside of the property a best atmosphere. We're trying to become a little more contemporary and appeal to all age crowds with holy feelings. We want to offer the best entertainment, dining, staying and relax without insulting the worth of your damage. That's not to say that "The city of Light" will be memorable entire the life. It is, after all, still a part of what makes the property unique, and explained that the hotel is prepared to keep the better executed elements of the riverbank-culture theme. Kind regards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Ganpati Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.