You couldn't possibly ask for a hotel with a better location in Varanasi than this one. It is located right on the Ganges in the middle of the most spectacular ghats of the city.
The pick-up from the airport went well and hotel employees will carry your luggage for the last 100 meter (cars are not allowed to enter the ghat areas).
The rooms are quite small and dark considering the relatively high price. However, what I really disliked about this hotel were the mattresses. I realize that Asians usually prefer harder mattresses than Westerners, but those were rock hard and I woke up with an aching back every morning as a result of that.
The service also leaves a lot to be desired. Seeing as the nearest post office is quite far away from the hotel, I asked the receptionist whether they could bring my postcards to the post office and buy stamps for me. They charged me 25 rupees per card (I Iater found out that stamps to Europe cost only 12 rupees), but unfortunately none of the cards ever arrived. So the most likely guess is that they simply took the money and threw the cards away.
- Also Known As:
- a Palace On The River, Rashmi Guest House Hotel
- a Palace On The River, Rashmi Guest House Hotel Varanasi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Palace on River (Rashmi Guest House) is a newly opened hotel on the edge of the River Ganges. We are located at Manmandir Ghatt, Varanasi adjacent to Raja Mansingh's Observatory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MakeMyTrip and HostelWorld so you can book your A Palace on the River, Rashmi Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.