We went there with our entire family to celebrate my father in law's birthday. We had a wonderful time there and it was the best place chosen for the occassion. We were 9 of us including 2 two year olds. We requested food to be made seperately for the kids and they did a good job at it. Just like home made food.
We stayed at the premier lake view rooms which had semi private pool. All three rooms were next to each other and the kids really enjoyed the pool. The view from the rooms of the city palace was beautiful.
The rooms are very simple though and we had expected something more palatial and spacious. I guess oberoi as a group needs to work on having more spacious rooms. This was the third property we have stayed at and have a similar opinion for all of them
Special mention for the chefs. Such humble and simple people and gave in to all our requests. There was always some complimentary food from them and we always landed up with more than we could eat. The cake made for the occassion was super delicous.
A couple of problems we had with the room service and a wedding happening at the hotel riverfront which disturbed the peace on the last night of our stay but was well taken care of by the hotel management
Overall an excellent stay. Will definately recommend to anyone going to udaipur. By far the best property there.
- Also Known As:
- The Oberoi Udaivilas Hotel Udaipur
- The Oberoi Udaivilas Hotel
- Oberoi Hotel Udaipur
- Oberoi Hotel Udaivilas
- Oberoi Udaipur
- Udaipur Oberoi
- The Oberoi Udaivilas Udaipur, Rajasthan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a city fabled for its palaces, The Oberoi Udaivilas can take its place with pride. With views over Lake Pichola to the spectacular City Palace, the hotel itself resembles a grand palace. Landscaped gardens and shady courtyards, decorative fountains and reflection pools, cool marble, ornate carving, inlay work and detailed interiors create a marvellous ambience of days gone by. Huge bedchambers with large private terraces, luxury suites with private swimming pools, marble bathrooms, walk-in closets, butler service and 24-hour in-room dining make you feel like royalty. The restaurants serve international and Indian cuisine including regional favourites. A gymnasium, two large swimming pools and a luxury spa offering a range of therapies, add to the ambience of total pampering. The facilities are particularly suited to meetings that might benefit from this exotic location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Tablet Hotels, Booking.com, Travelocity, EasyToBook, Priceline, Tingo, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your The Oberoi Udaivilas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.