This is a fascinating Maharajahs palace converted to a hotel but retains the old World atmosphere and unsurpassed architecture and decor . Its not just a hotel its an experience and I regret that being on business that I did not have enough time to look around the corridors which would do a museum proud.
The rooms are large for the most part and well equipped with good a/c, bathrooms and luxurious furniture.
Food - Dinner is good go for the signature dishes which are a real treat. Dining under the stars in the central courtyard is one of the most relaxing experiences especially if you have taken the long days drive across the desert from Jaipur. Breakfast unfortunately in common with many hotels in India is not great - at least the western style food but that is a small price for an otherwise excellent experience.
- Also Known As:
- The Laxmi Niwas Palace Hotel Bikaner
- The Laxmi Niwas Palace Hotel
- Laxmi Niwas Palace Bikaner
- Laxmi Niwas Palace Hotel Bikaner
- The Laxmi Niwas Palace Bikaner, Rajasthan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Laxmi Niwas Palace is a former residential palace of the king of the former Bikaner state, Maharaja Ganga Singh in Bikaner. This is a 106 year old heritage palace with 45 deluxe rooms and 15 royal suites, all are air-conditioned and many of them have direct access to an open terrace. No more than 2 rooms are alike. One can learn about the rich culture, history and lifestyles of the Rajputana Kings of India. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Venere, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your The Laxmi Niwas Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.