I had booked my Kerala trip fr 7 days via Antilog Vacations and it turned out to be a highly successful one. At my fiancé’s behest we decided to go for an offbeat place and decided against the run of the mill hill stations and beaches.
Varkala in southern Kerala particularly intrigued us as it was the only place in Kerala where cliffs were found bordering the Arabian Sea. We were a bit apprehensive as to whether we would get a package to this little known town.Antilog showed in true style why they are considered as the best for Kerala tours.They gave us a good itinerary & booked Palm tree for our stay in Varkala
The place is managed by Babu, Reggie and Shyam and their helpful nature is really infectious as the rest of the crew is extremely cooperative. The honeymoon suite was not vacant and hence we got an executive deluxe room.
It was larger than we had envisaged at around 40 sqmt. A large attached bathroom and big balcony accentuated the size and beauty of the room. The mattress of the bed was a touch ragged though and given the other amenities, a better and comfortable mattress would have really completed the room.
The region seemed to be hard pressed for electrical power and hence a minor blip was the 30 minute load shedding every evening between 7 and 8 o’clock. But we usually took a stroll by the beach during that period and the cool sea breeze coupled with the glistening moonlight made up for the missing electricity and more. Moreover the lines of boats normally anchored itself during the dusk and this was quite a sight to behold.
The food at the Palm Tree Heritage was an impressive mix of local and Indian fares. The breakfast was complimentary and had English options too. Thus all in all the Palm Tree is definitely a recommendable stay.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Tree Heritage Hotel Varkala
- Palm Tree Heritage Hotel
- Palm Tree Heritage Varkala, Kerala
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palm Tree resort the tranquil stay on Odayam Beach ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Palm Tree Heritage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.