We stayed here for two nights during a tour and would not want to visit this hotel again. This hotel is situated in the middle of the city and about 45mins in a taxi to the old town of Cochin which has all of the main tourist sites. Outside is a very busy main city road with nothing around that we could see after an unfruitful look around in the immediate area of the hotel. This hotel mainly caters for Indian business people and not really geared for or in a location suitable for tourists. The reception staff were solemn and spoke little English.
The room and bathroom shabby, the toilet handle leaked water on flushing and we were bitten extensively by mossies.... (With plug ins!) you will also notice lots of them flying around when up in the restaurant! The Bar was dark and gloomy and not somewhere you would want to spend any time in. Food overall was uninspiring. We advised the tour company against sending tourists to this hotel as unsuitable.
Take my advice if visiting Cochin stay in the old town which has all the sights, nice hotels, restaurants and the ability to walk around and explore with little traffic...we would of if we had the choice!
- Also Known As:
- Gokulam Park Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Gokulam Park Hotel
- Park Inn Gokulam
- Park Inn Kochi
- Gokulam Park Kochi (Cochin), Kerala
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gokulam Park, a Sarovar Portico hotel, is located opposite PVS Hospital in Kaloor, Cochin. The hotel is conveniently situated in the city’s business and prime shopping hub. Kochi, the commercial capital of Kerala is indeed the ‘Queen of the Arabian Sea,’ where ancient civilization gracefully mingles with modern life. You can choose from 65 well-furnished superior room and executive suites, tastefully decorated and appointed with amenities such as air-conditioner, wall-to-wall carpeting, mini bar, en-suite bath complete with toiletries and a supply of hot and cold running water, mini bar, a safe, direct dial telephone, satellite television and attended to a round the clock room service. All the bathrooms are equipped with tubs and telephones, besides a sprinkler and smoke detector in each room. You can enjoy your meals at ‘Periyar,’ an in-site restaurant serving delicious multi-cuisine fare. ‘Champs’ is the 70-seater sports bar stocking a variety of liquor and soft beverages. If you are in mood for some deep sea delights, head to ‘Yovan Restro Spa’, a seafood specialty restaurant. Among other facilities, Gokulam Park provides corporates with a well-equipped business centre, in addition to dry-cleaning and laundry service, high speed internet access, fitness centre, banquet room and foreign exchange counter among others. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Otel, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Gokulam Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.