We went to Summer Sands for our wedding anniversary. The people were nice and the location was on the beach. However, the bed was like a rock! We came back with severe back and neck pain. There were rats (yes plural) in the restaurant and some of them seem to be nesting behind a cupboard where they stored cutlery! Yuck! The property was maintained very poorly with garbage -- paper cups, water bottles, alcohol bottles, strewn all over. They have let the place run down and obviously using it as a cash cow. This is the only beach resort there so not much competition. At $250 a night, definitely a miss.
- Also Known As:
- Summer Sands Beach Hotel Mangalore
- Summer Sands Beach Hotel
- Summer Sands Beach Resort Mangalore, Karnataka
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 15 acre resort, with a 1000 running foot of beach, 42 spacious villas reminiscent of the British Era, but what entrances you as you enter the garbled gate is the sheer greenery of the place. The Terracotta villas, 500 palms and the 60 odd varieties of birds nesting in the resort make it a peaceful paradise. Children enjoy the Palm fringed fresh water swimming pool and the surrounding peace park and the large open areas with little fish ponds abounding with kois and goldfish to play and find friends. Summer Sands also has excellent conference facilities and the right ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Summer Sands Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.