I have always advocated and cherished this beautiful palace which I rate on par to Badrutt palace in st. Moritz or Victoria Jungfrau in Interlaken . Having stayed here many times in the past 3 years I always thought that the hotel was a grand and historic monument but the staff is Heartless with ZERO regards for any guest . This is a special WARNiNg to guests who wish to stay at this hotel that in case of any health imergency you are on your own . There is nothing like a emergency response . My 9 yr old son was hurt very badly by a defect in the shelf design inside the bathroom , the shelves inside are not attached by a screw the are just glued , hence once the glue dries up the glass becomes detached and was a disaster waiting to happen . The thick shelf fell down and my son was bleeding profusely , 1) I called the emergency no . And asked for a doctor immediately . 2) the lady said that it would take 5 -10 minutes and said I will have to pay INR 1000 I said I am ok I do not mind . 3) after 10 minutes 2-3 ppl from the hotel come and they told me that the doctor won't come to the hotel hence we will have to take him to his hospital or clinic . 4) I did not trust them one bit hence I arranged for a doctor and other facilities through one of the local well businesman who is known to me . 5) I arranged for my own transport as the hotel guys were too slow or least intrested nor empathic . 6) once I returned back after visitng the hospital , No person even bothered to ask nor did they apologize as it was due to their negligence my son got hurt in the first place . The general manger Ashish or somone was never seen in the 4 days may be too busy enjoying the perks of his job . I wish to convey this to ms Jyoti suri that businesses aren't about expansion they are about values and serivce but I am sorry to say that you have No Value for human life nor For customers.
- Also Known As:
- Lalit Grand Palace Srinagar
- The Lalit Grand Palace Srinagar Kashmir
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The LaLit Grand Palace was originally built in 1901 for the royal family. It now provides luxurious rooms with views of Dal Lake and the beautiful gardens. An indoor pool, tennis courts and pampering spa treatments are also available.The tastefully designed rooms are modern with a touch of traditional charm. All have a satellite TV, minibar and free tea/coffee making facilities. It is 18 km from Srinagar Airport and 4 km from Lal Chowk city centre. Jammu Railway Station is 300 km away. Guests can enjoy a relaxing massage at Rejuve Spa Health Club, practice yoga, or play golf. The hotel also has a gym and 24-hour business center. The Chinar Garden serves North Indian cuisine, while international buffet spreads are available at The Chinar – The All Day Coffee Shop. Other dining options include Dal Bar and 24-hour room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your The Lalit Grand Palace Srinagar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.