Few points to note about this hotel:
1) The location of the hotel, is ideal within walking distance to the Mall and shop areas and has proper lift to take you down to the ground (all the shops and hotels are elevated within different segments of the ground- so the lift comes in handy for your movements).
2) The view is superb and breath taking at the terrace of the hotel.
3) The room is terrible, dirty, in consistence hot water in the bathroom, its a problem when you are in the winter months.Bathrooms were dirty, all the furnitures in the rooms are dirty, dusty.
4) No heater in the room but you can rent it for a Rs250/day, which actually doesn't help much as the heater is small and the room has big space to cover for the heat.
5) The double bed is actually two single bed put together and made as one, no comfort at all as the beds were old and thin.
6) Poor customer service as language seems to be a barrier, not many staffs can speak English well nor understand you unless you can speak Hindi, there is no smile from people who work there as if you are not welcome to the hotel.
7) Food ordered at the hotel were just below average.
Overall the hotel is in poor state, even with the new rooms and LCD (if you manage to get this room), it just didn't click, if you are on a budget you may consider staying and put up with all the downsides. Or stay here only for the view of the city and mountains which surrounds it. Other then that please find look elsewhere if you have a good budget for a better, comfortable, clean stay hotel in Shimla.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Bridge View Regency reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.