Was browsing through a few choices for a 2-day stay in Delhi and came across this hotel as I wanted a place close to Gurgaon. It fit the bill perfectly as it was quite reasonable in terms of price. I got a good weekend deal which included breakfast, so that sealed the deal.
Although I have seen a lot of Gurgaon, I realized that there is a lot more to see. Sohna road is about 10 kms away from the central Gurgaon shopping district and shows up on a diversion from the Delhi-Jaipur highway. The main Sohna road is a bit rough but the area is a fast developing hub and one can see a lot of newly constructed malls,cinemas with many more coming up. The hotel is right on the main road next to a mall(there are so many, so keep an eye out) :)
The hotel is quite new-building looks impressive from the outside, the interiors are decent too. Check-in took less than 5 mins but it was a different story when we reached our room. The electronic key just would'nt work and the person accompanying us tried his best for 5 mins. Another 5 mins later, we find that the second card also has a problem. So 15 mins after we reach the room, another key finally works and we get into the room. These things happen, but the time it takes to rectify a problem shows how good the staff really is.
The Deluxe rooms were quite big and provided a nice view of the surrounding areas. The beds were good and it felt that the room was very functional. The bathrooms are nice and bright and had all the modern amenities.
The restaurant is decent with a lot of variety. Definitely worth trying as there are not many options outside and nearby. The bar was a downer, the sofas were uncomfortable and the service was very average. Their beverage menu was quite interesting but we didnt opt for more than 1 drink due to the overall mood of the bar.
Breakfast was nice and plentiful, the service was very good. We enjoyed the stay over the weekend and one can find very few faults.
Overall, a good experience and is one of the better hotels in the Gurgaon area. Will surely stay and recommend.
- Also Known As:
- Fortune Select Excalibur Hotel Gurgaon
- Fortune Select Excalibur Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fortune Select Excalibur is an elegant, upscale, full-service business hotel featuring a contemporary set up, comfortable rooms, a selection of quality meeting and dining options, a comprehensive range of guest facilities and professional service. The hotel provides premium accommodation and efficient service with a fresh, contemporary approach and is an ideal accommodation choice for both business and leisure transit travelers.A prominent building on the Sohna Road’s skyline in Gurgaon, Fortune Select Excalibur boasts of easy access to the Delhi-Jaipur highway, the domestic and international airports and the metro line which now links Gurgaon with various parts of Delhi. The driving time to the hotel is 30mins from the Airport, 20mins from the Business District, 10mins from the main Shopping Complex and 10mins from the nearest Metro Station.Gurgaon is one of Delhi's four major satellite cities and is part of the National Capital Region of India. Today, it is home to major multinational corporations from around the globe and is the fastest growing city in India.Best emerging business hotel in NCR - 2011 by Safari India. Best newly opened business hotel in 2001 - NCR by Hospitality India'Best Emerging Business Hotel In NCR- 2011'by Safari India 'Best Newly Opened Business Hotel in 2011-NCR' by Hospitality India ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Fortune Select Excalibur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.