The hotel has some very good features such as the spacious rooms, the architecture of the place, the awesome number of plams in full bloom etc.
The pool is good and the best part is that it is not more than 1.25 mts deep, so infact the adults can easliy lounge in the water and not have to keep aflot or even swim. The kids area was well barricaded and the water was getting filtered, unlike in the other places where the kiddie pool is smelly and the water does not get filtered constantly....
The suite rooms are very spacious, the pull out couch is a very useful feature and can accomodate more than 2 people. Plus, there is a large safe, the main bedroom has a walking storage space for the luggage / storage and it can be used as a changing room etc.
There are 2 bathrooms, 2 TV's and a whole lot of space in the rooms for the kids to move about. Our's was on the ground floor - so it did not really feel like a hotel. The kids were asking if this was our home for the next few days.....
There are very nice large fountains with effect lighting in the evening. The overall greenry is well maintained with staff taking good care of the plantations etc. and at the same time the security is walking all over the property.
There are shuttles that take you to the Zuri White Sands, but the timings are a bit odd. But, the Front office was courteous to accomodate our needs.
Some drawbacks overall: 1) Mini bar in the room was not cooling to the full extent, 2) Amenities in the bathroom are not complete - things are missing in terms of shampoo or moisturizer etc. 3) This property is now sold to Mahindra - so there are some changes but I feel those are suttle, but should have been communicated. 4) The buffet is not geared for Indians - as it is lacking the spice and the Goan flavours that we were hoping for - but none the less it is palatable.
Finally, I would like to thank Shahji in the front office, as he was very helpful and accomodating to my needs. Overall - I feel the property is worth a visit till it is with Zuri....the package rates are also very good...
- Also Known As:
- The Retreat By Zuri Hotel
- The Retreat By Zuri Hotel Salcette
- The RETREAT By Zuri Goa/Salcette District
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Country Inn and Suites - Goa is conceptualized and designed to give guests a feel of Portuguese village life. Reminiscent of the Portuguese Architecture in Goa, the design is replete with Portuguese design idioms. Guest rooms are planned around the courts. Inward looking these rooms are placed in different levels to give a feel of village staggered and random in nature. Each courtyard has a character of its own, complete with fountains, cobblestones, lawns, parterres and topiary well maintained and manicured. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your The RETREAT by Zuri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.