Transfered to this hotel from its sister hotel the Tropicana Club and as a warning its EASY to confuse the two in the brochure and whilst there spoke to other families who did the same.
This is a good hotel. We had a junior suite near the main pool and at the entrance end of the hotel. The hotel grounds are large (1km from front to beach). As part of this package paid for "Ultra All Inclusive or VIP All Inclusive which is available to all for an additional US$30pp under 10yrs).
The room was great loads of space my son had his bed (double) in an alcove at one end and we have 2 double beds (which we pushed together). Large bathroom with bath, shower and bidet. As part of the VIP all inclusive we had our mini bar refreshed daily and on request all items included in AI). The room had a TV and good A/C (so good we frquently turned it off as too cold). We had a 1st floor suite which was good although ground floor ones are available.
The hotel had 5 speciality resturants which you could dine at every night BUT you had to book between 10am and 1pm on the day and make sure you are waiting at 10am ! We ate at the italian on one night which was good. As we were on the Ultra AI we took all our meals at the Aquarium resturant which is for Ultra AI guests only. This was a great resturant, always quite excellent service and all food on the show cooking prepared to order. Never any problems with tables and was even on the busiest only half full. There were extra's here too like fresh orange juice. Waiters were very attentive at all times. Drinks included in AI were wine by the glass (not bottles), water, juices (from cartons) and local beers by glass, cocktails). Also coffee/capaccino's were included Ultra AI al got fresh juices and 5 premium spirits in the VIP club plus use of this facility which had 24 hr snacks and coffee.
we never went to the main resturant (Marakesh) but were told by other guests it was very busy but the food was the same as at the aquarium.
The hotel has 5 pools (fresh water). We used the main one at the top (near our room) which is beautifully landscaped and quite. There is a pool further down where the kids club was located (which was noisy) and a more adult pool to one side of this separated by building. There is a separate area with 5 water slides all properly supervised which are large and great fun for older kids - my son loved these. Also a smaller slide in the kids pool area. Also near the kids area is a games room with billards and table football. Pools a really great and life guards on duty so kids are always safe.
You can walk to the beach were there are more bars and resturants (snack type) and a long jetty which you can walk on and snorkel at the end - also supervised and shallow near the jetty.
Pools have more than adequate sun bed and umbrellas so getting a good spot is easy
Most nights there is a show at the amphitheatre but was not impressed with these.
Overall a very nice hotel and we had a loverly holiday.
Lastly what was not good
1) Public toilets were not cleaned on a regular basis and often had now towels or soap to wash hands
2) Main pool was clean but quite a few leaves and small rocks - needs attention
3) Dessert Rose (the water sports club) - these people were a total pain constantly distrubing you to sell
diving, snorkeling and other trips. Be VERY rude to them to get rid of them. Hotel needs to monitor these people they are BAD NEWS. The trip we did do with them was fine but the hassle was not
4) Entertainment was not really worth watching although others enjoyed it
5) The Billards/table football room where the kids played was not properly supervised and kids were throwing billard balls and using the cues as swords !
6) Internet whilst free is only in the main reception and dead slow !
Things to do to ensure you get best service.
As with any hotel in Egypt the staff are not well paid vs UK. They get probably £20 Egyptian per day or £2 sterling !!! Trips are appreciated and they go the extra mile. For guidance we gave
£ 20 EYG to the pool side waiter = £2GBP
£20 EYG to the pool attendants = £2GBP
£25 EYG to the room cleaning= £2.5GBP
£20 EYP to the waiter in the resturant= £2GBP
All of these PER DAY not per service.
Our sun beds were ALWAY reserved for us an waiting when we came down, our drinks appeared even when we had not asked for them (and the correct ones), our room was spotless and our dinner service excellent (my glass never empty).
Good Hotel, Good Holiday - I would return so RECOMMENDED
- Also Known As:
- Lti Tropicana Grand Azure Hotel
- Lti Tropicana Grand Azure Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Tropicana Grand Azure Hotel
- Lti Grand Azure
- Lti Grand Azure Resort
- Grand Azur Sharm
- Hotel Tropicana Grand Azure
- Lti Sharm
- Lti Grand Azure Resort Sharm El Sheikh
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Expedia so you can book your lti Tropicana Grand Azure reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.