This is a nice property, with beautiful landscaping and reasonable amenities. The private beach is outstanding with excellent space to spread around and not feel too crowded by other guests. They have a good variety of swimming pools but unfortunately only one of them (one of the smaller ones) is heated and thus if you're there during winter then you can pretty much forget about using the pool because it is always full of people. The food was average at best, with the Italian restaurant being well at the bottom of the list in spite of it being their marquee restaurant. I had a seafood pasta there that pretty much tasted like dish detergent.
All negatives at the hotel, however, clearly pale when compared to their service, or lack thereof. For a supposedly five star property, the staff there is horrendous. They speak below average English, but that's just the beginning of their issues. Most of the staff is completely unwilling to show any genuine interest in helping people out and those who do try are totally incapable of helping. It is a very common sight to see guests wandering around the lobby area looking for help with nobody even attempting to see what they wanted. Worst of them all is the General Manager who needs to reread his job description as he clearly believes that his job is restricted to just wandering around the hotel aimlessly with a fake smile on his face while refusing to do anything that remotely resembles work.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Golden View Beach Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Renaissance Golden View Beach Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel
- Sharm El Sheikh Renaissance
- Renaissance Sharm El-Sheikh
- Sharm El-Sheikh Renaissance
- Renaissance Golden View
- Renaissance Golden View Beach Resort
- Renaissance Golden View Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Marriott Managed hotel nestled on a headland & surrounded by the spectacular coral reefs of the Red Sea, overlooking Ras Mohamed National Marine Park. Extends over 95,000 square meters, with 350 meters of its own beach frontage, sandy coves, Lush gardens, waterfalls, its own floating jetty, diving center & 4 Swimming pools. The resort provides a series of two storey villas accommodation, creating a feeling of space around the Resort & affording many of the 384 rooms & suites with panoramic views of the Red Sea Riviera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Marriott, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Renaissance Golden View Beach Resort Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.