Why this hotel has 29 excellent reviews at the time of writing is beyond my comprehension.
When we arrived we were dealt with politely and efficiently and shown to our room, which on first glance seemed not luxurious but respectable. A 3 star room basically.
However, when I turned on the bedside lamp it didn't work at first and when I touched the bulb, I had an electric shock. We called room service and in fairness someone came quickly, and of course then the lamp worked efficiently.
Later after we had unpacked I noticed that we had no TV remote. I phoned reception and was told that one would be sent up. After waiting for 45 minutes I went down and got it myself.
Outside of the room in the corridor ceiling was an extractor fan, which made a terrific noise and next door to the hotel was a construction site where a new hotel was being built and it had men working there until after midnight.
The next morning we went to reception to complain and request a room change. We were informed that nothing could be done until 4pm that afternoon. We went out and when we returned to the hotel in the late afternoon, nothing had been done. As we only had 2 more nights there, rather than get heated and spoil our mood we decided to make the best of the situation and leave it be,
The hotel was not bad, but could have been a whole lot better.
- Also Known As:
- Decameron Cartagena Hotel Cartagena
- Decameron Cartagena Hotel
- Hotel Decameron Cartagena
- Cartagena Decameron Hotel
- Decameron Hotel Cartagena
- Cartagena Decameron
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Decameron Cartagena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.