We stayed at the Golden Temple Villa for 3 nights over Easter. The location is great, short walk to the centre of town and places to eat and drink. The rooms are simple, but very clean and have air con and a fan. As other people have said, the staff were very friendly. My only complaint on the room was that the mattress is foam, so if like me you have any sort of a bad back you don’t get lots of support. That being said, I did actually sleep well.
When considering this place you have to remember that it is only US$20 per night (for the room we were in), so this is not the Four Seasons. That being said, I have no problems giving 5* based on what you get for the money. Breakfast was not included, but was only US$3 for a good meal. There are free bananas to help yourself to all day. We also had a pick up at the airport included in out rate. The guy was there, nice and visible and it was a great way to start the holiday riding in a tuk tuk into town.
For visiting the temples, they offer readymade packages, but you can change elements and they were very accommodating. We wanted to add in the landmine museum for example, which they were happy to do. I am sure you pay a bit more than if you negotiated with a local tuk tuk driver, but you are guaranteed reliability and no need to haggle.
There are plenty of bigger hotels with pools etc, but from my perspective this covers everything you could possibly need to visit.
My only other tip would be that while there were bikes at the hotel you could use, and there were lots of cheap rental places for US$2 per day, you are much better off going to one of the places with the nice shiny new mountain bikes. They were US$4 per day, but head and shoulders above anything else for quality, and hence comfort.
As a reference point, we are a British couple living in Singapore. No kids, mid 30s. We have stayed at everywhere from Four Seasons to backpacker lodges in West Africa, so I think we have a balanced view of what is acceptable and what is value for money.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Temple Villa Hotel Siem Reap
- Golden Temple Villa Hotel
- Golden Temple Hotel
- Golden Temple Siem Reap
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Temple Villa has 36 fully furnished rooms with modern en-suite bathrooms and conveniences to ensure our guests stay with us is as comfortable possible. The villa is colourfully decorated with a splash of Khmer artistry and style thrown in and every effort is made to keep all areas of the hotel immaculately clean at all times. With 24 hour reception and security Golden Temple Villa is a calm, safe, and secure lodging for stay Siem Reap. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Golden Temple Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.