We had dinner for 10 pax at the Taste Paradise @ ION.
Ambience : Typical deluxe Chinese restuarant. Staff were attentive but more conversant in Cantonese and Chinese than English. Nevertheless they were helpful and responded fast and correctly to all our requests.
We ordered a few of their specialties;
1) The signature suckling pig was good, but not extraordinary. The leftover meat was stirfried with salt and pepper and great for snacking.
2) The prawns with salted egg paste was sticky but prawns were fresh and firm. This version, though not our favourite, was far better than the version we had at Imperial Treausres @ MBS, which turned into a gooey affair.
3) The highlight was the vermicelli with scallops. The vermicelli must have been stir-fried before being braised. The vermicelli has managed to retain its stir-fried smokiness and its firm texture, rather than some normal braised vermicelli which tended to be over-cooked and too soggy soft. This vermicelli was so good, it left all of us raving.
4) The beef done stirfried in Cantonese style was a whee bit too tenderised for our liking. A bit too sweet too as it overwhelmed any remnants of the stir-fried aroma.
5) The fried rice with ebiko was a refreshing combination of fried rice, well done, dry and aromatic and yet, the ibiko adds a crunch to every bite. Good and creative use of textures and flavours.
6) Their version of a single portion ramen with garoupa was well-done. Noodles were firm, springy and full of taste. Certainly a clever arrangement.
7) The soups were very good. Robust, full of taste of Oriental herbs and goodness and yet not oily. We felt invigorated almost immediately.
8) We all tried all their various deserts but the better one was the fried durian only for durian lovers. The rest of the deserts were more show than substance though.
Overall a lovely dinner. Not fantastic, not over the moon but still a good run of the money for the Crystal Jade chain.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC