Booked in for 3 nights in a standard room. The first was given a twin room instead of a double room. Usually if its for a night or 2 i would accept but for 3 nights I requested for a change of room.
My first request was met by the receptionist saying there are no available rooms to change even before checking their system. That itself is BS. I than ask him to check the computer to which there was 1 other room available 7235 which is right at the end corner of the hotel. Receptionist mentioned is was really far from the lift. I did not mind the long walk from the lift but at 11pm i knew why they were probably reluctant to release the room to me. From about 10.30 to 3am i could hear the club next door through the walls of the building which kept me up till about 1am.
The next day I requested another change of room and was finally given a proper room. In my first impression I thought this hotel was about 15 years old due to the wear and the condition of the hotel. The rooms looked dated with this furniture and the toilet was very simple. I did not like the fact that there is no proper shower curtain in the toilet, just half a piece of glass which meant the bathroom does get a little wet. In the first 2 rooms, the toilet bowl was stained as if it has not been cleaned properly. As with hotels in Indonesia I think its due to the water but the towels are never really white! Looks greyish.
Breakfast was a fair spread and good enough for me to have my fill. Convenient stores and several eateries are nearby. Checking in and out took too long. I think it might be due to their system.
The shopping around the hotel is terrible. I cannot understand why would anyone want to stay here for the malls. its all filled with low end crap that is probably later distributed to the streets.
I would say that the price of this place (I paid less than $100USD per night) makes this hotel simple enough for a short stay with good value but I would rather take my money else where.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square Hotel
- Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square Hotel Jakarta
- Novotel Hotel Jakarta
- Novotel Jakarta
- Novotel Hotel Mangga Dua
- Novotel Mangga Dua
- Jakarta Novotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square is strategically located in the prominent Mangga Dua area, close to the coast - Ancol Dreamland, historical Old Batavia area, as well as to Jakarta International Expo in Kemayoran making it the One Stop Destination in North Jakarta. Novotel hotel is part of a large and modern shopping, entertainment, exhibition, wholesales as well as retail complex known as Mangga Dua Square. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, ACCOR, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.