Puri Ganesha is a special place where care and attention is paid to every possible detail. The food is the best in the world at an hotel I have visited, with each evening meal a great treat you look forward to all day. The breakfasts are wonderful (try the pancakes, yummy) and the fresh fruit juices and smoothies are amazing. All ingredients are made from the best stuff on Earth, and after a week we felt much healthier and energetic.
The staff are great (each villa is assigned a team, so you get to know everyone by name). After a week of staying there, we felt they were like family and it was difficult to say goodbye.
The masseuse, Putu, is simply a miracle worker. I have never in my life had such a great massage, it is like he felt every uncomfortable spot on my body and fixed it without me even telling him.
The villas are spacious and the bedrooms are air-conditioned. There are no TVs (by design- not to be missed) and the bathrooms are outdoors subject to small tropical visitors. At first was a bit un-nerving but in a couple days hardly noticed them and got used to it. But, we did love the indoor shower at our next resort and appreciated it much more than ever before :)
The location is somewhat off the beaten track, a good three hours from the airport through winding mountain roads (after a 12 hour flight, a bit long and tiring). I would recommend to stay somewhere closer to the airport area for a few days and then transfer to Puri Ganesha to ease the travelling. That having been said the nature and activities around the villas are quite extensive and staying there for a week or more will not be boring.
Diana and Gusti (the married couple who own and run the hotel), do everything from their hearts and are simply the most welcoming hosts. They are assisted by their trusted helpers (the dalmations) who are fixtures all over the property and sometime venture into your villa to make sure the staff is being attentive :) Diana does the best tours possible on the island and is the most knowledgeable person about Bali I think there is.
We also did a special commitment ceremony on the resort (Gusti and his family arranged it) and it was very special.
The beach is very nice, but the swimmable part is a bit of a walk alongside a neighboring resort. It would have been perfect if you can just go from the villa into the sea. Privacy is an issue as the beach is public and pedestrians walk by quite frequently. That is probably the only thing I would change.
Pricing- the hotel was by no means inexpensive, but for the quality and depth of service one gets, it is a great deal all around. For example, a massage with Putu was 50 USD and went on for 90 minutes. A good spa massage, which was nothing compared to Putu's miracle hands, ran 3-4 times that at a nearby resort.
Also the owners run a special school close to the resort that provides technical training to school children they could not get in their area. I would hope many guests visit the school and feel the sense of community it builds. Clearly shows, one couple can impact lives of thousands.
All in all, a special and unique place. Perhaps it is the resort concept of the future, but so far after travelling through 5 continents, I have not seen anything like it.
- Also Known As:
- Puri Ganesha Villas Hotel
- Puri Ganesha Villas Hotel Bali
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Puri Ganesha’s four very private one, two and three bedroom villas are situated on 400 mtrs of sand & coral beach in the quiet, unspoiled fishing village of Pemuteran in the northwest corner of Bali, near the National Park,at a 3 ½ hours scenic drive from the airport.. Diana’s food is prepared from organic, local ingredients wherever possible. No red meat, only chicken, seafood, salads and vegetable dishes are served. The food is simple, fresh and seasonal and the exciting dinner menu changes every evening.Meals can be served in the villas, the villa dining pavilions, in the little beachfront restaurant or by request on the beach by torchlight.Puri Ganesha is one of very a few resorts worldwide to offer an alternative purely ‘living food’ menu and the resort is a gourmet paradise for vegetarians and vegans who can experience totally different tastes and flavours! Diana’s passion for unusual indigenous and locally grown ingredients has resulted in the new and very unique ‘living’ and everyday menus! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your Puri Ganesha Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.