I stayed in the hotel for 3 nights. I did not receive a harbor view room but received nicely renovated one from 16th (out of 18 in total). The hotel is definitely Intercontinental quality in the renovated rooms and can be highly recommended.
As I travel a lot for business, I prefer getting hotels with a pool and gym; this had both very nice ones and the gym is open until 11pm!
A few issues I faced though; internet in the hotel is a joke! They normally price it separately for each HW but now, due to renovation, I was given 3 free Internet passes when complaining about the noice. In case I would not have had free internet, I would have asked my money back as it was almost useless no matter if I used it via cable or WiFi. I'm a techie so issues with computer is not the case (was experiencing the same with mobile devices as well.)
The ongoing renovation is also an issue; although the renovation was said being done around 7th floor, I could not try working in my room due to constant noise. Luckily the pool was a nice place to work on a day off! So don't expect to be able to rest in room after 10am from Mon to Sat until its finished...
Anyways, could be back after the renovation is final.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Grand Stanford Hotel
- Intercontinental Grand Stanford Hotel Hong Kong
- Intercontinental Hong Kong
- Intercontinental Hotel Hong Kong
- Intercontinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong was one of the first hotels on the Tsim Sha Tsui East waterfront of Victoria Harbour and still sets the standard for excellence in Hong Kong. As part of the Intercontinental Hotels Group, the five-star hotel is nestled in a quiet corner of the bustling shopping, business and entertainment district of Tsimshatsui East.The hotel is within easy reach of all major transportation systems including the world-famous Star Ferry and MTR. Situated 10 minutes away from the East Tsimshatsui Station and Hung Hom Station, the hotel also offers complimentary shuttle bus service to Nathan Road and major shopping malls along Canton Road within Tsimshatsui area. A prime locale puts you in easy reach of Central, Jade Market, Hong Kong Cultural Centre, Kowloon Park and Hong Kong Science Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip DaoDao, Expedia and HotelTravel.com so you can book your InterContinental Grand Stanford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.