I booked the Holiday Inn due to its proximity to the South Beijing Railway station. The location is a little strange but getting past that the convenience factor paid dividends for me.
I stayed in a King bed Suite which was nice but not what I would call opulent. The suite had separate lounge and bedroom with an ensuite off the bedroom and a bathroom located in the entry hall for guests. The level of cleanliness of the suite was not great. There were dirty marks on the wall in the ensuite, mould in the tiling near the shower and whilst I found a pair of hotel scuffs behind the door separating the bedroom from the lounge area within hours of commencing my stay, housekeeping didn’t find them for the entire time of my three day stay. This provides an ideal illustration of the lack of high end that the Holiday Inn fails to deliver.
On one occasion I headed to the fitness centre at 5:30am to find it unmanned even though the opening time was 5:30am. I turned on the lights, started the aircon and went about my workout for 20 minutes before an employee walked through the doors. The fitness centre was quite well kitted out and spacious. There was a good sized pool and change rooms adjoining the fitness centre.
I needed to check out early on the day of departure and as the restaurant didn’t open until 6:30am I ordered breakfast in the room to be delivered between 6:00 and 6:15. It arrived at 6:20 which was fine but I didnt realize until I started that it was not my order. Not having time to contact room service to change the breakfast I ate it in desperation. Apologies for the guest who missed out on their breakfast order.
All in all, the hotel was okay, but missed the target on small items that matter. I would question if this was a 5 star hotel, I would think a 4 star would be more appropriate.
What I liked:
Great, comfortable bed
Easy internet connection
Concierge was brilliant
What I disliked:
Curtains that do not totally block out light – they ended up short above the windowsill
Fitness attendants and housekeeping require more supervision
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Hotel
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Hotel Beijing
- Holiday Inn Beijing
- Beijing Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Beijing
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Beijing, an Award-Winning hotel, is conveniently located in Guanganmen commercial and civic area, adjacent to the new Municipal Government Office Building and is within a stone's throw from Beijing's Financial Street. The hotel is close to tourist and shopping attractions such as Wangfujing, Oriental Plaza and the Forbidden City. It is 10 minutes drive from the West and South Train Station and 45 minutes from the Capital Airport.The hotel has 322 contemporary guest rooms, including suites and two floors of Executive Club rooms, all equipped with wired and wireless broadband internet, speaker telephone and multi-language voice mail. With a 640 square meter, pillar-free ballroom and 8 other function rooms ranging from 35 to 176 square meters, the hotel is an ideal venue for business meetings and social functions alike. All the meeting rooms are equipped with state-of-the-art audio-visual facilities, built-in work station, wireless broadband connection and video conference facilities. The hotel's professional meeting team will ensure every event a success.The hotel also provides other facilities like business center ticketing and tour desk, kiosk, car rental, concierge taxi and limousine service, baby sitting service, karaoke as well as a Mini Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Ctrip DaoDao, Cheap Tickets and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Central Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.