If you have ever been in the desert, done some dune bashes and slept under the stars you will be speakless if you go to Qasr Al Sarab and you will (over)appreciate the luxe and the facilities of the resort.
The hotel is in the middle of nowhere, just in front of a sapra and one of the biggest dune of Liwa. The panorama is just beautiful (and don't miss the sunset & sunrise).
Even if we did not book a pool villa, our rooms were very nice and big enough to stay in with our 2 kids (5 years and 18 months).
You will find all the facilities needed (pool and pool bar, tennis, gym...) plus a lovely kids club. There is also a nice spa where we enjoyed good massages at reasonable prices.
I read some comments on this forum about the prices of the restaurants, drinks... which are not appropriate. If you go to a 5* hotel don't expect it to be 'cheap', and plus keep in mind that you are in the middle of the desert reason why the supply & logistic is costly... it is the same thing when you go to Seychelles or Maldives.
According to me the hotel is a bit too big and could have been more exclusive (like the Six Senses at Dibba). I am saying that because I observed some customers with very bad behaviors throwing their plastic bottles everywhere, or spending all the day long drinking (too much) in the pool. There is so much more to do in Liwa (dune bashes, trekking, falconnery...) but you have to love the beauty of the nature to fully enjoy it.
- Also Known As:
- Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort By Anantara Hotel
- Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort By Anantara Hotel Abu Dhabi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where mystic charm, cultural passion and unparalleled luxury evoke distinctive memories. Set in the middle of the Rub' al Khali or Empty Quarter, the largest uninterrupted body of sand in the world, Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resorts by Anantara is isolated from the world, yet is less than 200km away from Abu Dhabi. The resort brings the mysticism of this eminent location to life, inviting you to discover the unique appeal of its surroundings. Enjoy an array of facilities and immerse yourself in the wonderful splendour of an eternally changing landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Splendia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Otel, Olotels, Priceline, Venere, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.