If you need a silent night and would like to have a nice double-room, choose another hostel! I honestly cannot recommend that hostel for couples (double-room). Although, the service is good, the double-room is very small (one double-bed). Hot water is only available in the shower, which is problematic in the morning when everybody wants to have a shower..
it is very loud in the room, so silence is the wrong word for the stay in the room.
so, choose maybe the sultan hostel, a few houses along the road (lonely planet says this one is better than the orient hostel).. but for couples, choose not the orient international hostel..
although, our stay in istanbul was fantastic (if you walk every day roughly 10km by foot, you will sleep well, no matter how loud the music sounds...)
- Also Known As:
- Orient Hostel International Hotel
- Orient Hostel International Hotel Istanbul
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Orient Hostel is situated on the hillside in Sultanahmet, located a few minutes walk from tourist favourites Topkapi Palace, The Blue Mosque and Haghia Sophia. The Orient offers clean accommodation ranging from dorm rooms to private rooms with either shared or private bathrooms. Our attentive and helpful staff, make you welcome with a friendly atmosphere and fun belly-dancing and water-pipe (hookah) nights in the terrace café-restaurant during the high season ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Orient Hostel International reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.