My husband and I stayed here for 12 nights in June 2011 and it was our 7th Stay here.
We have stayed at several other places over those years for a few days just to see what else is on offer. All have very different ratings ie; The Centara, Chaweng Regent, Chaweng Paradise, Ark Bar , Chaweng Cove and more but the Beachcomber is our best choice time and time again, we will not be bothering to stay else where anymore. Never be convinced that the highest rating hotel or biggest pool will guarantee you a good stay.
The Beachcomber is perhaps a little tired in appearance but they are not alone. What is not tired here is the staff and service. It is a very stress free hotel that is not too rushed or impersonal. We have had perfect pickups from the airport, check in's and check outs are always straight forward, friendly and informative with no surprises. The rooms are spacious with good air con, they are very quiet even though you are not far from a busy street. We sleep extremely well at this hotel compared to any others, which often leads to us being late for breakfast but that is never a problem as the staff never rush us or pack up around us. The breakfast is always more than adequate with a good selection, eggs cooked on demand, plentiful tea and coffee served to you (no need to keep getting your own).
We only had dinner once but it was very professional service and tasty well presented food. All of the staff at the Beachcomber no matter who, make an effort to smile and say saw a dee or hello. The beach boy who has been there for sometime is lovely and will help with anything you need. There is never a fight for beach loungers although they are getting a bit run down. The beach towel service is impeccable. We don’t use the pool but others were and it looked clean and part shady, part sunny to suit all. The massage girls are super friendly and great at their job and good just to chat with. I noticed this year the hotel sprayed for mosquitoes which I was pleased as previous years it has been a problem. The rooms could perhaps do with a few upgrades such as some channels on the tv but we dont go to Thailand to watch TV. They organised a dvd player so I could play music in the room which I was very grateful of. The Bathrooms are dated but they did the job and were cleaned well. The restaurant area is one of the best on the beach as it is so relaxing and right on the beach. The big improvement that could be made that would make things a lot more pleasant would be to install a couple of simple fans on the area at the front of the restaurant to help the air circulate. This is a value for $ hotel with great service, food and location. If you want the ritz then maybe it is not for you but for us it was a home away from home with no stress, no complaints.
- Also Known As:
- Chaweng Beachcomber Hotel
- Chaweng Beachcomber Koh Samui
- Chaweng Beachcomber Hotel Koh Samui
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chaweng Beachcomber Hotel is a 3-star hotel located in the best part of the popular Chaweng Beach for swimming as it is flanked by two sandbars meaning calmer waters and little under-current.Featuring Superior Rooms, DeLuxe Rooms, DeLuxe Sea View Suites, DeLuxe Sea View Villas, DeLuxe Pool View Villas and Thai Bungalows, Chaweng Beachcomber Hotel offers a plethora of affordable but clean & comfortable accommodation for most budgets.Our swimming pool is in a manicured garden setting and enjoys shade from high-canopy trees all over the resort.The hotel restaurant "La Brasserie" has a wide menu of local Thai specialities with a host of international favourites, and is set right on the beachfront so you can enjoy inclusive daily breakfast, afternoon refreshments and moonlit evening meals.All the facilities that you might expect - daily housekeeping and laundry, on-the-beach massages, in-room mini-bars & safes, beach sunbeds and so on - are on-hand to make your holiday special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Venere, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Chaweng Beachcomber reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.