Stayed here for three nights and could have stayed a lot longer.
This is a great refuge for some luxury and relaxation in Chiang Mai.
Room - stayed in the lowest grade room and it was still great. Plenty of space, hanging space, safe, luggage storage, blackout curtain, balcony with daybed and a view of the pool and river. Quality fitout and a very comfortable King bed. Bathroom had a deep bath, rainshower and nice wash products. Quiet air-con and excellent wi-fi.
Relaxation - the infinity pool here is fabulous. Not particularly wide but long. Maybe 25 metres or so. Plenty big enough to really swim and float about even with a number of swimmers. Soft water easy on the skin and eyes. Lounges by the pool overlooking the river with excellent poolsie F&B service, towels, umbrellas and magazines/papers. Spent hours hanging out there and swimming. Excellent.
Food - Had breakfast, snacks and dinner every day. Excellent every time. Breakfast is a great buffet. Dinner menu is split into Thai, Western and Indian options. Went for the Indian options every night and delicious every time. Restaurant is very romantic at night. In fact the whole place is beautifully lit in the evenings. Lovely to sit quietly by the pool after dinner.
Service - really excellent service at this hotel. All staff spoke English well and were cheerful, professional and friendly. They must be making a significant effort to recruit and train their staff well because the service was consistently high quality.
Value - it's a pricey place to stay in Chiang Mai but for me, totally worth it. Modern, understated design, quality service, food, leisure and fitness facilities. Couldn't fault it. Totally recommended.
- Also Known As:
- The Chedi Chiang Mai Hotel Chiang Mai
- The Chedi Chiang Mai Hotel
- Chedi Chiang Mai
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Popularly known as the Rose of the North, Chiang Mai has earned itself a well-deserved reputation for its natural scenery and unique indigenous culture. Lying along the peaceful banks of the Mae Ping in central Chiang Mai, Anantara Chiang Mai epitomises the best resort living with its choice of 32 Kasara Suites and 52 Deluxe Rooms. The site of the hotel is the compound of the former British Consulate in Chiang Mai, within which the main Consulate building, dating from the 1920’s, has been retained and integrated within the hotel design. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splendia, Amex, Asiatravel.com Holdings, LHW, Priceline, Olotels, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Chiang Mai Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.