I can highly recommend the Bandara Suites whether you are in Bangkok for a short or long stay. The hotel is about 30-40 minutes from the airport in busy traffic so a lot shorter if you get good traffic.
The 2 bedroom suite we had was more than ample for our family of 4 with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a self contained kitchen, and combined lounge/dining.
We stayed for 4 nights and did not have any concerns the staff were all excellent and most helpful with any questons we had.
the hotel is a quick walk to the skytrain station which will get you to all sorts of places including the major shopping centres of MBK and Siam, both of which are huge (by Aussie standards).
The hotel is also a quick walk to the main street where you can find a ATM's, myriad of shops, 7/11 shops and Thai restaurants as well as the regular take away places like Maccas, Burger King and KFC.
The Bandara suites also have room service which just for fun one night with the kids we ordered in and was well priced and yummy.
There also is a great little restaurant inside the hotel directly across the road which you can get take away from which we did one night after a long day of touring Bangkok we were just too tired to get dressed up for dinner.
Tha Bandara does have its own restaurant but the only time we ate there was at breakfast each morning as it was included in our room cost. The breakfast is ample its a buffet style with cereal, toast,pastries, eggs every way etc as well as fruit, salads and some thai foods.
The pool at the hotel was important to our kids and they spent every spare moment we had there mostly in the evenings and it was great that it was open until 10pm, there is also a lovely warm spa that was just what i needed to soak in after a long day of walking/touring, there are towels provided free of charge by the pool.
I could not fault Bandara Suites, it is not a 5 start motel but was everything we needed being a family of 4.
- Also Known As:
- Bandara Suites Silom Hotel Bangkok
- Bandara Suites Silom Hotel
- Bandara Hotel Bangkok
- Bandara Hotel Silom
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just a few moments from the main CBD district of Bangkok, Bandara Suites Silom is situated a long a tree lined street perfectly between Silom and Sathorn roads. Within walking distance to the skytrain, underground stations and shopping complexes - a perfect location for exploring the city. Relaxed comfortable guest rooms offering great value for money plus Bandara team spirited service all here to welcome you. Two swimming pools, restaurant, independent spa, Chin Chin wine wholesaler are also housed within the Bandara Suites. A great value for money choice when staying in Bangkok! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Bandara Suites Silom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.