My partner and I stayed at the Peninsula for three nights ahead of a ten day break on Koh Samui. Situated on the west bank of the Chao Phraya river that runs through Bangkok, the Peninsula is approximately 45 minutes drivetime away from the main airport. I recommend a room with a balcony to take advantage of river views, just spending some time watching the traffic on the river is fascinating. The hotel operates a boat service across the river to the skytrain station and access generally to 'central' Bangkok.
A lovely hotel with what I would describe (positively) as a reasonably classical, 'old school' hotel look and feel to it with great staff throughout offering a very good service and customer experience. Our room was well equipped and sufficiently spacious with an excellent bathroom (including two sinks) and separate shower, nice large double bed.
The pool area (including a restaurant/bar) is great with three separate swimming pools all quite narrow but it works well. Jacquzzi is great too.
Breakfast served on a terrace (option to eat inside if you prefer) overlooking the river, with an excellent, extensive selection of food available.
On a couple of evenings, we enjoyed pre-dinner aperitifs from the bar on the aforementioned terrace and this was great. Dined at the in-house Thiptara restaurant twice and enjoyed the ambience and Thai food there too (good but not outstanding).
I have previously stayed at the Shangri-La (in 2007) and this compares favourably, due in part I think to the Peninsula's smaller scale which I felt promoted a more more intimate experience.
If I return to Bangkok there is little doubt I would stay at the Peninsula again, it has much to recommend it.
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula Bangkok Hotel
- The Peninsula Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Peninsula Bangkok
- Peninsula Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Peninsula
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Developed as one of the finest hotel properties in Bangkok, its riverside location inspired the W-shaped design, capitalising on the uninterrupted panoramic views from every room and adding a distinctive architectural statement to the Bangkok skyline. The Peninsula Bangkok offers commanding city views, luxurious comfort, sophisticated facilities, extraordinary dining options and the legendary Peninsula service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Amex, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets, Otel, getaroom.com, Olotels, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelsClick, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The Peninsula Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.