I also booked this hotel at the opening rate.
I was very pleased with the room (basic room called Neo Superior) as I usually stay in 3 star hotels. It was not big, but very comfortable for one person - king bed, small desk with chair, very small table and one seat. I brought a yoga mat but found there was barely enough room to put it down between the bed and the desk/stereo shelving. The bathroom is a very nice size.
I found the bed very comfortable, and loved the modern decor and the many options for lighting with dimmers for various parts of the room. There are about 20 television stations (42" LCD). The room also had a mini-bar with beverages, and a couple of snacks, but prices were much better at any 7-11 or the Villa Market just down the street towards the BTS station (500m from Phrom Phong).
I found it very convenient that the lights, the "clean room"/"do not disturb" options and the air conditioning were all controllable from the console on the night table with the one master button to turn everything off or on.
The free Wi-Fi worked very well - they give you a login name and password on check-in.
The breakfast is good with many options: made-to-order eggs, and a buffet with two or three western dishes and two or three Thai dishes. There were also some fresh vegetables (lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, onions, grated carrot and cabbage), and two types of fruit (usually watermelon and either papaya or pineapple - must vary with what's in season).
Things that could be improved:
- You could hear all hallway noise from inside the room. Since room doors don't close gently, it would be nice if the room was soundproofed. To help with this, the doors could be equipped with hydraulic systems to slow down doors closing.
- The booklet said that outside food and drink was not permitted inside the hotel, which I believe should be revised. It would be nice if there were a fridge to store some cool drinks or other items for personal use.
- hooks in the bathroom would have been nice to hang up the robes provided
- instructions for setting the time and the alarm for the bedside console would have been nice - the time on the console was about 10 minutes off, and I couldn't figure out how to set the alarm.
- an audio input would have been nice for the provided stereo. Since I needed to get up early a few times, I used my MP3 player with the stereo, and an audio cable that I purchased in town.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC