We are very upset at the hotel and Small Luxury Hotels of the World, for listing among its amenities having a restaurant and a bar/lounge, when they don't. The restaurant is only open for breakfast and later on serves as the so called bar/lounge where they only offer 2 fixed mixed drinks, 2 beers, and a couple of wines. Their room service, advertized as a "diverse selection of gourmet dishes" offers 2 salads, 1 soup, and 2 hot dishes, served only till 9 pm...making matters worse, the one cold and rainy night we decided to order room service, the soup was not available.
Rooms are well appointed, with the suite having a comfortable and spacious layout, but the regular room is on the small side. The location is convenient, but at the time of our visit in April of 2012 the street was partly torn up with subway construction that seems to have some ways to go.
Service is very friendly, but the English from most of the employees we encountered, including the front desk, was extremely limited, which makes communication a challenge.
It does have a gym, which I did not visit, but does not offer a spa.
As nice as the rooms are, I would not return nor recommend this "hotel" unless they start operating a real restaurant and bar. From the looks of the city, there are plenty of full service hotels, including the Regent only a few blocks away, where we had dinner at a great Chinese restaurant.
- Also Known As:
- San Want Residences Hotel
- San Want Residences Taipei
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- About San Want Residences TaipeiSan Want Residences Taipei formally opened its doors for business in March 2008 and aims to exceed guest satisfaction and achieve the attentiveness found in leading luxury hotels. San Want Residences Taipei is a sophisticated bolt-hole in the centre of Taipei, a tranquil alternative to staying in a bustling city hotel. Located in Taipei Nanjing East Road, and adjacent to the LinSen Park, the hotel is surrounded with international designers’ boutiques and offers easy accessibility to MRT station. San Want Residences Taipei is the latest boutique property carefully selected to join Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH). The hotel has an impressive collection of artworks and sculptures by contemporary Taiwanese artists, adding a special element to your experience. In addition to the museum boutique concept, the hotel also offers office use facilities especially for our business travelers. Equipped with selected office stationeries, the spacious office desk features multifunction HP laser jet machine to fax, print and copy. With an access to project laptop screens to the 37” High-Definition LCD television, each guestroom offers wireless and high-speed fiber optic Internet Access and free cell phone rental to fully support your business requests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Otel, AsiaRooms, HotelTravel.com and Tingo so you can book your San Want Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.