1) I had a single room that I stayed in for 8 days. The decor is attractive, with a very nice bathroom. Bathrooms are my thing. If a hotel doesn't have a sparkling bathroom, I'm not staying.
2) Reception staff were very courteous, pleasant, and attentive, including a gentleman called Justice, and a woman whose name I didn't get, but she has a passing resemblance to Diana Ross, and I told her so. She was quite pleased.
3) General Manager Ginette C. Symenouh is obviously committed to quality and customer satisfaction and she personally inquired how my stay was going and if I had any issues. I did, and she promptly attended to them.
4) Good pool and patio area for eating or just relaxing. There's a bar with some serious alcoholic beverages for guests who drink (I don't.)
5) Nice breakfast spread
6) Very pleasant dining and room service staff, including a young man by name of Eric and another gentleman who I believe is the supervisor and was always there in the morning to greet guests.
THE NOT SO GOOD:
1) A problem with the shower stall, however, was that the drain was slow. I don't enjoy standing in a puddle of rinse water. An attempt by the plumber to fix it was partially successful, but I think the problem is in the basic design of the drain, the aperture being too small.
2) The closet in my single room didn't have the conventional horizontal metal or wooden bar to suspend the hangers from. There were only three hooks in the ceiling of the closet for the hangers, which I thought was strange. I was told that this was unique to the single rooms. They added 3 more hooks at my request but for the future I believe the general manager is going to have horizontal bars added to all closets.
3) No iron/ironing board, but they will press your clothes for you.
4) Laundry didn't return with my items when they were promised on one occasion, but they were prompt on another occasion.
5) Room service was slow on one occasion, although I have to say I've experienced that in hotels all over the world, not that I'm condoning it.
6) I'm accustomed to seeing a handbook of some kind welcoming the guest, describing the mission statement of the hotel, listing the menu of services, etc. but there wasn't one here at the Mirage. I recommend it because it looks professional. Presentation is everything.
7) TV reception for local Ghanaian channels was bad. I've experienced this in other Ghanaian hotels, so I'm not sure what the problem is.
8) There's some renovation going on so there are some unsightly sections. Even though there are some signs up apologizing for the inconvenience, I would recommend discreetly covering the piled-up furniture that was present near one of the staircases with some kind of tarpaulin so it won't be such an eyesore. At any rate, this is a temporary situation.
9) The Wi-Fi wasn't reliable and I didn't use it. This is an issue that seems to plague many hotels in Ghana. I think it's because there are not enough routers for the size of the facility.
It's a relatively new hotel and so it has great potential to become top-notch. Despite some of the misgivings mentioned above, I do recommend it and I would also return to it if needed on a future visit.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Mirage Royale Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.