We were actually pleasantly surprised when we checked in. The lobby was pleasant and we were upgraded to their "suite".
That's when our nightmare began: Upon entering the room the heat was blasting and the thermostat in the room read 96 degrees. I tried to shut it off to no avail. As we had to go out immediately to attend a meeting, we told the front desk of our heating problem. He told me he’d take care of it. When we returned FOUR hours later, your engineer had just left the room, and he told us the thermostat was indeed broken and we’d have to use the window unit in the living room. That was fine with us. Well, it turns out the living room unit worked fine, but the bedroom unit ONLY blew cold air! Either we had to shut it off in the middle of the night or we would have to listen to the traffic outside, so we basically had to leave it on all night and we froze. There was NO happy medium!
The room itself was basically unclean. There was dirt behind both night tables, and as I’m sure they probably knew, the carpets were starting to come up from the floor. Upon entering the bathroom, there was hair not only on the countertop, but in the bath/shower as well. If we were staying more than one night, we would have left IMMEDIATLY if not sooner.
We also requested soft pillows from housekeeping, and we came back to our room to pillows that read, "firm".
If you check my other reviews on TA, I usually write very positive reviews of the places I stay. I implore you NOT to stay at this hotel...stay anywhere else, until they clean up this mess!! If you choose to stay here, don't say you weren't warned. BTW, parking is $30.00 per night for an open, unguarded lot. $15.00 if you are a Priority Club member.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington - Georgetown Hotel Washington Dc
- Holiday Inn Washington - Georgetown Hotel
- Holiday Inn Georgetown
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Washington Georgetown
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of historic Georgetown, the Holiday Inn Washington, DC -Georgetown is the perfect hotel for business and leisure travelers. The Holiday Inn Washington, DC-Georgetown hotel boasts an upscale traditional dÃ©cor and includes free high-speed Internet access throughout the hotel.Our centralized location is surrounded by fine restaurants and specialty boutiques. We offer free shuttle service with stops at Wisconsin and M Streets NW, Georgetown Medical Center, Georgetown University, Embassies, American University and Woodley Park Metro. Coupled with the nearby Red Line Metro, you will have easy access to all of Washington DC s area attractions, such as the White House, National Zoo, Smithsonian museums, and Washington Monument. The Circulator Bus Line stops at the hotel providing easy access to the National Mall, downtown and Union Stations for only $1.Stay productive in our 24-hour business center, maintain your exercise regimen in our state-of-the-art aerobic fitness center or relax and enjoy the ambiance of Happy Hour in John F s Lounge and dinner in John F s Market CafÃ© where kids under 12 eat free! Come enjoy the Holiday Inn Washington, DC-Georgetown Hotel when visiting Washington, DC. We have all the elements for creating an exciting experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington - Georgetown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.