This hotel is a 1-minute walk from Deli train station, so it was extremely convenient to get to after arriving on the train from Slovenia. The location was also great for walking to the Castle District (maybe 5 minutes) or jumping on the subway, which is also at Deli station. So getting around town and seeing the sites was not a problem.
Some people have said the hotel seems old, and parts of it do. So I don't know about the 4-star rating. But admittedly, I don't stay in many 4-star places to compare it to. I thought it was nice. I also noticed some of the floors are newly renovated, so there's probably a range in room quality. We were on the 5th floor. It was okay. The hallway looked dingy, but the room was new enough. And we had a sweet view of Matthias Church. It was cool to look at the window at night and see that all lit up.
And the price was great. It was cheaper than a hostel we stayed at in Slovenia, so I thought that was great. And we ended up staying extra days and booking those directly through the hotel for a better price than Mercure's web price. I think it was 47 euro a night for a large double room with bathtub, fridge, and lots of space. The posted rate at the hotel was something absurd like 120 euro, so definitely book ahead of time and ask for specials.
Breakfast wasn't included in our price, so I can't comment on that. Drink and food prices seemed astronomical at the hotel, so we never ate there. But there's a grocery store right behind the hotel, and there's plenty of food at the train station or in town while you're out and about.
The staff all spoke English and were very helpful. All in all, it was a great stay.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Budapest Buda Hotel
- Mercure Budapest Buda Hotel Budapest
- Accor Budapest Buda
- Mercure Budapest
- Mercure Buda
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Refurbished, centrally located 4 star hotel, just 5 minutes walk from the Castle District, 4 metro stations from the city centre (Deak ter station) and with direct access to the southern station (Deli palyaudvar). Easy to reach from the M1 and M7 with coach parking. 7 conference rooms for up to 300 people ideal for meetings, seminars, training days and family functions. WiFi internet, business corner, 24 hour reception, two restaurants, lobby bar, souvenir shops, friendly staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Budapest Buda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.