We stayed here for three nights, the hotel is in an excellent location, clean and beautiful. The staff were very friendly and our room was excellent and the breakfast was very good and filling. We especially enjoyed the large bath tub at the end of a long day spent walking around chilly Prague. If I were to be really picky, I would say that the shower heads needed to be more thoroughly cleaned, there was a build-up of calk on them, though this is just something tiny. The only real downsides would be first, the stairs we were on the third floor and found it a little annoying after a while we think the hotel would be so much better if it had an elevator. The second downside was the height of the doors in the rooms, some of the doors were about 5 foot high and my partner suffered from a few bumps to the head. Though all in all I found it to be a lovely little hotel and I would defiantly go back, though I would request a room on the first floor next time.
- Also Known As:
- Domus Balthasar Design Prague
- Domus Balthasar Design Boutique Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Design boutique hotel Domus Balthasar is a baroque building with medieval foundation and 21st century design, situated on the Royal Route, in the heart of the oldest and most romantic part of Prague - Lesser Quarter (Mala Strana), few steps from Charles Bridge, close to Old Town and Prague Castle.Domus Balthasar is nearly of all most popular sights within easy reach on foot or by tram. Although is situated in the centre, also in a neighborbood of nicest parks. Business centers easily accessible. It is the ideal place for a holiday as well as for an enjoyable business trip. The building's history goes back to the 14th century, though the fittings are either modern or timeless. We do our best to respect history while at the same time respecting the current needs and tastes of our guests. Our interiors are made warm by wooden, atypical furniture with clean lines in dark colours which combines well with the light, creamy tones of the carpets, curtains and other decorations. Hotel has 8 rooms including 2 Double attic rooms, 3 generously spacious deluxe double rooms, 2 Suites with kitchenette and 1 Royal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Domus Balthasar Design Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.