As I stay more than 60 nights a year in hotels for business, I was looking to take some time off in Prague, at the Buddha Bar Hotel
I discovered the BBH on TripAdvisor and got a good rate for a Premier room with breakfast with Amex (~AUD400/night). It was almost worth every single penny.
Nothing like what I had seen before. It's of course clean, but also carefully thought. The amenities are top notch and the home automation approach is appreciated.
It's ideally located in the old part of the city, in walking distance to a lot of things in Prague. It's also located close to the CEZAD shuttle drop-off point, the same shuttle that takes you back and forth to the airport.
Pleasantly surprised by:
- The quality of the room. Some effort was given to the design of the room, down to the small details.
- The room amenities with among others the complimentary Nespresso machine, the pseudo japanese toilet and the home automation features.
- The late buffet breakfast, up until 11AM!
- Hotel (via the travel agent) did not charge for cancellation fees as an emergency situation came up and I had to rebook.
- The staff. It's the only thing that is not in par with the quality of this hotel. They generally lacked the communication skills required for such a hotel. Few examnples:
+ While I have more than enjoyed my stay in the BBH, I was not asked about it at all upon checkout.
+ During the first breakfast, I had to wait more than 15 minutes to get presented the beverage options, something that should take less than 2 minutes.
+ During the last breakfast, a staff member, who obviously just clocked-in, suddenly realised the music volume was not loud enough for him, pushing it up to an unacceptable volume.
+ Finally a comedy moment: at 6:30PM, somebody knocks at the door. I open. Three faces are looking at me, supposedly the room service staff. Some czech gets to my ears, and the staff members invites themselves to the room until they realise my wife was sleeping in the bed. A 3-people train with sorry faces gets right back outside, and I found myself with a box of chocolates in the hands, along with tomorrow's weather forecast.
- A private shuttle service to the airport would have been great
- The overall design approach to get rid of what's not necessary should have been pushed further, getting rid of the multiple remotes present in the room, and offering everything though say, an iPad. The TV menu has a poor user interface too.
Almost a 5-star rating, if it was not for the staff!
- Also Known As:
- Buddha Bar Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague represents the first property of the new Buddha-Bar Hotels & Resorts chain inspired by the legendary Buddha-Bar brand.Trendy hotel concept goes beyond expectations to ensure a relaxing andrejuvenating experience through its mystical fusion, exquisite designs, highlypersonalized services, state-of-the-art technologies, top-end amenities andculinary delights served in 2 unique “eatmosphere“ venues - Buddha-Barand Siddharta Café. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Jetsetter, Orbitz, Priceline, Splendia, Tablet Hotels, BookAssist, Escapio, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.