After an easy 2 hour drive from Jodhpur we arrived to the Manvar Resort and Camp.
We were greeted by our guide Jaswant who took personally care of us till check out.
We had a buffet lunch at the courtyard restaurant and were given a day room to use till 4 pm.
We spent the afternoon on the pool, but they also have a nice shop and spa services.
At 4 pm Jaswant was there to take us to a jeep safari. It was one of favourite experiences in India! We saw gazelles, antilopes, wild peacocks, eagles and a wild cat. We visited local craftsmen and their families and stopped to pay a visit to a family harvesting on their field
Everybody was so friendly, we really loved it! Jaswant and the driver Kumbha allowed us plenty of time for photos. Kumbha was an excellent driver.
After admiring the sunset we arrived to the camp. The tent was spacious with a shower and running water. Our luggage was already waiting for us. The evening entertainment was around the fire place. We were served drinks and starters whilst the local musicians and dancers were performing. As we were the only individual tourists, our dinner table for two was set separately under the stars. The buffet dinner was very good and the staff was very friendly.
After a comfortable night, and I am NOT a camper, we were woken by a flutist and had our morning tea and coffee served in the tent. Then it was off to a camel ride to see the sun rise over the Thar Desert. Magical!
When we returned, the group had already departed and we had the camp to ourselves. We had breakfast on our special table again and enjoyed listening to the flutist playing.
Our guide, Jaswant took such a good care of us and made our stay special! He is an excellent guide and a very nice person too! He was certainly one of the best guides we had during our trip!
- Also Known As:
- Manvar Resort And Camp Pvt Ltd
- Manvar Resort & Camp Pvt Ltd Hotel Dechu
- Manvar Resort & Camp Pvt Ltd Hotel
- Manvar Hotel Jodhpur
- Manvar Resort Jodhpur
- Manvar Desert Camp & Resort Dechu, Rajasthan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the natural beauty of the great Indian Thar Desert, Manvar Resort & Camp is amongst the best desert resort & Camp right in the middle of the sand dune country. The perfect base from which to explore the Indian desert life, culture, wildlife and beauty. "Manvar," which means welcome in Rajasthani language has been designed as a village settlement. It nestles close to the ground almost blending with the surrounding desert landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Manvar Desert Camp & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.