We recently stayed at this hotel. We rate this very high. The location is excellent, right on the beach at the end of the strip. It looks the part and the staff are excellent (extremely friendly and helpful) especially the italian concierge Andrea. We were in a beachfront apartment which was excellent but did get a bit of noise from chairs in the above apartment being scraped on the floor. The cleanliness of the room was very good and was serviced daily. The room had everything you need but there was one BIG problem. The bed and pillows were like concrete. We swapped the pillows for softer ones but they weren't much better. It is a shame that the bed and pillows were so uncomfortable and every night was only an average sleep, waking with sore backs as really this was the only downfall. It has 3 pools but no fitness facility. You need to go to the novotel for a gym but that is also very dated with ancient equipment. Great restaurants in town with vivo the best for coffee and nunu the best for dinner but at $49 a main it should be. Overall very good but would consider other places next time.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Great Barrier Reef Hotel Palm Cove
- Angsana Great Barrier Reef Hotel
- Angsana Resort Palm Cove
- Angsana Hotel Palm Cove
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Established in 2000 as part of the Banyan Tree Group, Angsana Resort & Spa Great Barrier Reef is the only resort with absolute beach frontage to the Coral Sea in the beautiful seaside village of Palm Cove. Angsana Resort & Spa Great Barrier Reef has quickly established itself as a popular boutique Resort with a bright and contemporary edge. The Resort features all-suite accommodation offering 60 apartment-style suites, each with en-suite and second bathroom, dining & lounge area, fully equipped kitchen including Nespresso coffee machine, laundry with washing Machine and Dryer, balcony or terrace overlooking the pool or ocean depending on booked room type – the perfect place to relax at the end of the day. Whilst the resort offers apartment style accommodation guests are still able to enjoy room service, 24 hour reception, concierge service, 3 swimming Pools (Rockpool heated during the winter months), wedding chapel, wifi and daily service, this is relaxation at its best.The award winning Far Horizons Restaurant is popular with in-house guests and locals alike for its classic contemporary cuisine offering the finest locally sourced produce. The beachfront setting means that you can dine al fresco, indoors or a specially set up romantic table on the beachfront.After a day exploring & touring, enjoy a relaxing massage at the multi award winning Angsana Day Spa. There is not better way to pamper yourself with body treatments, massages and facials transporting you straight to heaven. Using natural ingredients such as native flowers, fruits, herbs, spices, plants and the ancient art of aromatherapy. Angsana Spa combines the East and West to refresh and rejuvenate the tired body, mind and spirit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Olotels, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Angsana Great Barrier Reef reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.