As with most people, I needed a place to stay close to the airport to catch an early morning flight. Most times, such circumstances will either cost you a lot (especially in a place like Copenhagen) or the hotel will be not so nice.
The Hilton at the Copenhagen airport was clearly going to be quite nice and it was usually quite expensive. However, I got lucky and was fortunate enough to land a room there for one night for a good rate (about $130 - on other nights I checked it was at least double that).
The room was beautiful, the bed was firm and comfortable (good for my weary back) and the bathroom was well appointed and spotless. There was a large, good quality TV in the room, but I barely turned it on because my time there was short. I arrived very late and needed to get whatever sleep I could.
The staff was very friendly and helpful and the lobby area was very nice, with a nice looking bar area nearby.
Another great advantage of this hotel is that it's very easy to catch the metro to downtown or the regional trains to any part of Denmark. This proved helpful to me because I was coming from Aarhus by train late at night. It allowed me to go straight to the airport and right to my hotel without having to work my way around the city late at night.
The only downsides to this hotel that I experienced were 1) internet access was quite expensive and 2) my room didn't come with breakfast (probably associated with the cheap rate!) and breakfast wasn't available until at least 6:30 a.m.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Copenhagen Airport Hotel Kastrup
- Hilton Copenhagen Airport Hotel
- Hilton International Copenhagen
- Hilton Copenhagen
- Hilton Copenhagen Airport Kastrup, Denmark
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winner of the ‘Best Business Hotel in Denmark 2013’ by Business Destinations for the fifth consecutive year, the Hilton Copenhagen Airport Hotel is located next to Copenhagen Airport, a two-minute walk from Terminal 3 arrival hall via a covered walkway. This modern Copenhagen hotel, renowned for impeccable service and awarded the Green Key Certificate for Environmental Awareness, is 12 minutes from the city center by train and Metro services. Visit attractions such as Tivoli Gardens, Nyhavn, the Little Mermaid statue, and the National Aquarium - The Blue Planet - located walking distance from the hotel. The hotel is also easily accessible to Copenhagen Cruise Port, just 25 minutes away, and the Congress Centre, ten minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Copenhagen Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.