My hustband and I so enjoyed our one night stay at Mount Falcon Estate...the setting is amazing! I booked a package online for one night stay in a deluxe room (original rooms of the house), 5 course dinner and breakfast.
The room was delightful...furnished in antiques, original marble fireplace, pine floors and shutters, amazing view of Moy Valley. Note: the toilet was troublesome to flush, the room was hot during our sleep and the noise from the reception, foyer and bar carries to the 1st floor rooms. We didn't have the best sleep although the bed was quite comfortable. There is not turn down service which we didn't mind. The 2 bottles of water in the room was nice. The large bath towels are exceptional and nice bath products.
Our dinner was out of this world! We chose the 5 course tasting and it did not disappoint. Our server chose wine pairings for each course per our request. Wonderful, wonderful dining experience in the original kitchen of the house. Our breakfast was lovely with a buffet and option to order from the menu.
We walked the grounds of the estate during the day...so lovey. Make sure you find the family gaveyard and tomb. We enjoyed a drink and a starter in the Boathole bar, in one of the original 'entertaining rooms' of the house. There are wonderful view of the grounds from the bar.
The service was excellent especially at the reception and the restaurant. Upon recommendation from reception we ventured to Enniscrone Beach on Sunday driving through the town of Ballina along the coast road. A wonderful ending to our stay at Mount Falcon!
- Also Known As:
- Mount Falcon Estate Hotel
- Mount Falcon Estate Hotel Ballina
- Mount Falcon Country Hotel
- Mount Falcon Country Ballina
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mount Falcon Estate lies by the banks of The River Moy ( the most prolific wild Atlantic Salmon river in Ireland ) between Foxford and Ballina ( The Salmon Capital of Ireland ). The Estate consists of a 4 star deluxe 32 bedroom hotel, 45 lodges, 2 miles of exclusive salmon fishing, a 3 acre rainbow trout stocked lake, 100 acres of mature woodland, a 3 km walking / jogging / biking trail, an Elemis Spa and Clay pigeon shooting. The house was built in 1876 and was a wedding present from one young groom to his new wife. The estate was originally owned by The Knox family who came to Ireland in the Cromwellian era and their ancestors are buried in the circular graveyard next to The Megalithic tomb. Opened in 2006 Mount Falcon was the youngest hotel to win The AA Hotel of the year. Head Chef Philippe Farineau and his team have achieved 2 AA Rosettes in the restaurant and in 2011 achieved The Best Hotel Restaurant in Connaught and The Best Head Chef in Connaught by The Restaurant Association of Ireland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Splendia, Travelocity, Olotels, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Mount Falcon Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.