Just a day back from an excellent trip in Sestiere snowboarding. The snow and the runs were amazing! Soft powder with slight ice and large distance to board on with the 3 valleys.
HOWEVER!!!!!!! on the other side the apartments was a BIG no no! We traveled with 4, all male adults from Scotland. We arrived and were shown our rooms which were the typical basic apartments which was fine as we would hardly be spending time there. So, after our check in and getting out bags sorted we headed down to reception. We were told if we got this pre paid credit card we could use it in the whole resort in any bar or food place. We tried it and we were declined. We told them but they ignored what they said to tell us the 2nd time we could only use it in the bar in the place. They gave us out flase information just to take money from us. Their staff was VERY poor. For example, when asking then a question they would become less interested and giving out short answers like they didn't care less about us. They gave the local Italians priority over us Brits which annoyed me! The beds in the apartments were THE WORST bed (s) av ever slept in. All 4 of us had sore backs from day one, i woke up at least 3 times through the night each night we stayed. Woke up dry nosed, throat, crusty eyes with the humidifier. The food in the place was very basic and the pizzas, av seen more toppings on buttered loaf than the pizzas you get there. Also the prices were far too expensive. For a hotel that was "done up" for the Olympics in 2006, we all thought was very poor and basic! I, personally wouldn't come back to this hotel but I loved the boarding areas. Just a shame the Italians spoiled the holiday for me!!
- Also Known As:
- Villaggio Olimpico Hotel
- Villaggio Olimpico Sestriere
- Villaggio Olimpico Hotel Sestriere
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the splendid setting of the Alps homegrown, 50 meters from the ski lifts and golf course, offers comfortable and elegant suites, fully furnished, overlooking a beautiful mountain scenery. The types range from the three-room apartments, equipped with appliances and all kinds of comforts, from the phone to satellite TV, the carportMuch more of a traditional village - The structure was designed to accommodate, accommodate, entertain. At the heart of an area which offers facilities for every sport, the resort offers four-star service, 24 hours a day, winter and summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Villaggio Olimpico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.