I wrestled with the choice between Palazzo Murat and Punta Regina, choosing this place by default because I couldn’t get the room I wanted at Murat. In hindsight I was pleased that things worked out the way they did – we had a magnificent room with panoramic sea views (Room 34), and the hotel is situated just far enough away from the beach/piazza area to provide a sense of peace and serenity that would be completely destroyed by staying down in the noisy town area (where Palazzo Murat is). Not to mention the fabulous sea views only work when you’re high enough above the town to get some perspective – so both from our room, and the 4th floor terrace for breakfast / daytime lounging / evening drinks, the views are expansive and life-affirming.
The highly-rated service provided by Francesca and Josephine did indeed live up to expectations, and Gianluigi gave us a thorough briefing on how to tackle the Path of the Gods, which was definitely a highlight of our trip, along with an awesome lunch at Il Pino Hosteria in Praiano after the walk (see separate review).
Breakfasts on the terrace were excellent – plenty of fresh cold cuts (braesola, ham, cheese), mozzarella and tomato, fresh fruit, loads of different pastries and cereals, and a hot dish each day (usually scrambled eggs), together with generous helpings of double espresso to wash it all down.
The other positive thing about this hotel is that it is relatively new – only 10 years old, so it does look and feel quite fresh. Don’t be put off by the green curtains and sofas you see on photos – they actually work quite well with the terracotta flooring and the rest of the interior scheme, which is largely white and cream. Altogether it is really quite pleasant, especially with the bougainvillea in bloom outside on the entrance wall.
Although we’re unlikely ever to return to Positano (we didn’t like it anywhere near as much as Ravello), if I did I would stay here again for sure. Favoloso!
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Punta Regina Hotel
- Albergo Punta Regina Positano
- Albergo Punta Regina Hotel Positano
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Punta Regina is a charming and romantic hotel with 18 rooms in the heart of Positano.Originally a private villa it has been carefully restored, combining original characteristic charm with the best of contemporary features.The building lies on Via Pasitea, the main street in town, and is easily accessible.Built on four levels, the Hotel has a breath-taking view of the Mediterranean waters, that has made Positano famous.While relaxing from your terrace, not only will you enjoy the sight of “Li Galli” island and the tower “Clavel”, but also the many boats sailing in the blue colored waters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Albergo Punta Regina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.