Needing some warmth and relaxation, we headed, without hesitation, back to ReefView Apartments for the third successive year. It's like going to stay with friends - actually it IS going to stay with friends. It is sooo.... much nicer than being in a resort. You can enjoy a fabulous barbequed meal on arrival, thereby avoiding having to go out after a long journey. Nick and Karoll are so warm and friendly, always happy to help and advise if needed. You quickly settle into a comfortable apartment with a lovely balcony and a fabulous view out to sea with the volcano on Monserrat smoking in the distance. You can laze there reading some of the many books provided, or drive a short distance to many fabulous beaches. They are so close that we often came back for a quiet lunch on the balcony during the hottest part of the day. Your hosts will tell you everything you want, or need to know about Antigua. This local knowledge is both interesting and invaluable. This year they organised a trip to Barbuda for us which was a fabulous experience. The previous year we flew to Monserrat - all organised by them - fantastic! And if you enjoy snorkelling or fishing they will take you out to the reef where you can see so many exotic fish and of course enjoy a wonderful homemade rum punch and cake when you are feeling a bit fatigued! And that's not all! They also arranged for us to go out for a romantic trip on a catamaran, watching the fiery sun sink into the sea while sipping our drinks and eating tasty nibbles. It's cold and miserable as I write this in Ireland. Roll on next year's trip to Antigua and ReefView!
- Also Known As:
- Reefview Apartments Hotel
- Reefview Apartments Hotel Cades Bay
- Reef View Apartments Antigua
- Reef View Apartments Hotel Antigua
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Three uniquely decorated, fully equipped holiday/vacation homes set in lush tropical gardens - affording spectacular panoramic views of Antigua's famous Cades Reef and neighbouring islands. Located within a stone's throw of a long sandy shoreline fringed with coconut palms on the outskirts of a small fishing village. Owned and operated by long time residents Karoll and Nick Williams - always on hand to help you get to know THE REAL ANTIGUA!!! ... more less