Agree with all the positive reviews on here; we stayed for a weekend recently and had an absolutely wonderful stay.
Breakfasts are incredible, all locally sourced. Emphasis on sustainability, with Denby crockery chosen for the eco qualities.
Staff extremely friendly and helpful; lots of folders on restaurants and walks, with free takeaway maps.
Fresh bite sized cakes every day - yummy!
They have a lovely 'snug' room which could benefit from having the fire on in the evening as we found it too cold to sit in; honesty bar is stocked with some wonderful local produce (rhubarb vodka for example), unfortunately however, no mixers were present so we didn't try them.
Location perfect for the village (high street round the corner), train station (2 min walk) bike hire (at station) and walks right into the woods (5-10 mins).
Room itself - we were on the ground floor - had a very comfortable bed, all amenities needed, lovely bath with great toiletries (conditioner, hand lotion etc. all included). Some mention the noise; we were not concerned by noises from other rooms, but, unfortunately the divider door in the coridoor just outside was very loud, and woke us up on several occassions in the night / early morning.
Would definitely return on next trip to the New Forest, wish we could have stayed for the week!
- Also Known As:
- Cottage Hotel Brockenhurst
- Cottage Hotel
- Cottage Lodge Brockenhurst, New Forest
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cottage Lodge is an award-winning, small and friendly 15 bedroom hotel with parking and beamed Snug Bar complete with open fire place. Cottage Lodge is located in the heart of the New Forest National Park village of Brockenhurst. Locally sourced breakfasts. Warm Welcome. Environmentally aware business. Three lovely pubs, nine charming restaurants and tea shops, cycle hire, horse riding, open forest, mainline railway station, village shops, open forest all within ten minutes walk of Cottage Lodge. Twenty minutes drive to the coast, Beaulieu Motor Museum, Exbury Gardens and the Lymington Ferry to the Isle of Wight. We hope to have the pleasure of meeting you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, T4B and Priceline so you can book your Cottage Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.