Very nice hotel. On the river and just by the Stadium underground stop which is only a short walk away. Probably 15 minutes from the stephanplatz which is the heart of the historic district.
This is slightly less $ than the Hiltons closer to downtown. It would seem that this hotel is positioned for sporting events given it is near the stadium but it also seems to cater to bus tours as it appears to be about 500 keys and I've seen 4 tour busses that would hold 40+ apiece.
Regardless if you are a jogger this is right on the river and has a nice prominade along the Danube.
Rooms are large but rather sterile, and the hotel is alongside a freight rail line which is active at night. I would try to get a room on the river rather than the landise as that should insulate you from the noise. (I was on an end room, landside).
Only ate at the restaurant for breakfast. Very nice but 23 euros? get it includeed in your rate.
Otherwise immaculate in its cleanlieness, very accommodating staff and a good choice overall given the above.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Vienna Danube Hotel Vienna
- Hilton Vienna Danube Hotel
- Hilton International Vienna
- Hilton Vienna
- Vienna Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- After extensive renovation in 2011, Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront awaits you in a new extravagant design. Set against a stunning backdrop by the river, it is an ideal destination for both business and leisure purposes. The hotel is only a short seven-minute underground ride from the historic city centre. The Trade Fair Centre, the green Danube Island, Prater amusement park, UNO City and the Ernst Happel Football Stadium are all located in the surrounding area. Our guests enjoy the most spacious rooms in Vienna, while conference organisers praise our capacities and state-of-the-art meeting and event facilities. Guests enjoy complimentary WiFi access in all public areas of the hotel.In 2013 Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront has again received the prestigious certificate of the Austrian Eco label. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.