We have stayed in this hotel numerous times over the last few years. We normally stay in the winter months, but this time we went for a week in summer. I was a bit worried if we'd made the right decision as we love it so much as a winter destination I was worried that seeing it in it's summer clothes might be a disappointmnet. However I was very pleasantly surprised. Despite the hotel being much busier that we are used to the level of service and standards were maintained. I still love this hotel for winter and will be returning again later this year, but summer was a revelation. Plenty of choice for sunbathing from the busy beach and decking area with it's music, bar and food, to tucked away corners, rocks and the lovely lawn areas with sofas, hammocks and sunbeds, all in addition to the pool area. Food here is great - never not something to like and plenty of choice, both in the main restaurant and the beach bar (not open in winter) Treat the staff with respect and they look after you well. Drinks readily available excellent surroundings for evening with some light entertainment. Spa area has been done up recently, have used the gym, sauna etc, but not the spa itself - all the bits we've used have been first rate. A bit out in the sticks, but the area itself tempts you not to leave - although short walk to village and a few shops if you need to, or a free bus to town a couple of times a day. Only thing that could make this place better would be an indoor pool (for our winter visits) and a more frequent shuttle service, although we've often caught the local bus back. I was concerned that I would feel out of place in a 5* resort, but this hotel has all the class without any of the snobbery, all very nice with none of the stuffiness sometimes associated with higher end hotesl. Felt right to make an effort in the evening to look nice, but never felt under pressure or out of place. Superb guys - keep it up and we'll keep coming back for more.
- Also Known As:
- Merit Crystal Cove Hotel Alsancak - Karavas
- Merit Crystal Cove Kyrenia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Being located on one of the most beautiful bays of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus thatstretches to the bright waters of Eastern Mediterranean, Merit Crystal Cove Hotel is located 10km to the city center and 45 km to Ercan Airport right next to the sea where blue and greenembrace each other ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and HotelsClick so you can book your Merit Crystal Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.