Inevitable question arose during this stay - is this a Hilton hotel? Really? Are they not intrested in any level about the Hilton hotel chain standard..? The staff was friendly and room was clean - not to mention the sea view! But I'm afraid that's about it for the positive side.
This hotel is worn out, it's in desperate need of an overall update. Someone wrote in their review "welcome to the 80's" - in my opinion that describes this property well. Clean and friendly but shabby. The "golden days" probably were during the 80's.
Nevertheless we kept our hopes up until breakfast - a good brekkie can save a lot :) This time it didn't do the trick. Extremely basic breakfast, no extras - not even pancakes! What a shame.. and it really doesn't require much effort to make an impression in this area.
All in all - stunning sea view and good location (especially during summer) but doesn't meet the Hilton standard one would expect.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Helsinki Strand Hotel Helsinki
- Hilton Helsinki Strand Hotel
- Hilton International Helsinki
- Hilton Helsinki
- Helsinki Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Helsinki Strand,a comfortable downtown hotel,is located by the sea, within walking distance of the city centre and the historic sights of Helsinki. The location is ideal for both business and holiday travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Helsinki Strand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.