Went here for an extended Easter weekend break for a wedding anniversary treat - I work in Stockholm a lot of the time and my wife flew over from the UK to join me for this.
There had been some kind of error on Hilton's booking system prior to arrival, which meant my reservation disappeared off the system completely. I had complained to Hilton central reservations, but the hotel staff actually spotted my complaint before anyone else and did their best to resolve the issue without hesitation.
I had an executive club room booked, but received an upgrade at checkin to a Junior Suite due to my having diamond hhonors status. The hotel decor is typical scandinavian, clean lines, elegant wood panelling etc. The rooms are also typically smaller than most european cities, but that said we had plenty of space, a very firm and comfortable bed. The exec. club is very good, and the food in there very good standard. Other posts have mentioned the quality of the breakfasts, and they're dead right - beautifully cooked, great choice, fresh and tasty ingredients. Those pretty much killed any thoughts of lunches for us, since it was impossible not to over indulge. The evening selections were good also, very nice cold beef! Good selection of drinks also.
Hotel reception staff were very helpful with a couple of minor problems I had printing tickets and boarding cards later on. Great location, easy walk into Gamla Stan, Slussen T-Bana all of 2-3 minutes walk. Airport is doable in less than 1/2 hour if you use the Arlanda Express!
Great views over Gamla Stan from the waterside rooms. Had some great sleep time thanks to the comfortable beds. Very good quality bathroom cosmetics etc. also.
Only downsides really are that the room was too hot most of the time, and we needed to resort to opening windows to cool it down (at least they open here). Also there is no spa, surprisingly for a hotel of this calibre. No in room massage either like they do at the Stockholm Sheraton, which I would have thought would be an option to mitigate for lack of in spa treatments.
Overall a memorable stay, very relaxing and pleasant. Thanks to the staff there for their part in that.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Stockholm Slussen Hotel Stockholm
- Hilton Stockholm Slussen Hotel
- Hilton International Stockholm
- Hilton Stockholm
- Stockholm Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Striking Five-story Hotel located within walking distance of Old Town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Stockholm Slussen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.